Spicy Baked Basa is a healthy and very easy to make a dish made using Basa fish fillet which you can make for dinner. It will take under 30 minutes from start to finish this recipe. Here is how to make this oven-baked basa fillet.
What is Basa?
Basa is a variety of Catfish which is native to South East Asia. It’s a very bland fish and takes the taste of the ingredients it is cooked with.
It’s fairly an easy fish to cook with. You can read more about it here.
Basa Fish Recipes
Basa is a very forgiving fish. It is easy to cook and doesn’t smell too fishy. So for the first time fish eaters, it’s the best bet.
You can cook it like any other fish with whichever marinade you like.
Pro Tips by Neha
Use fresh basa fillets to make this recipe. Go to your fishmonger and ask him to fillet the fresh fish for you.
It’s much better and healthier than the frozen ones.
You can use any white fish to make this recipe.
If you are using the frozen Basa, thaw it and drain all the water. Dab the fish with a kitchen towel to get rid of extra moisture.
You can increase or decrease the amount of red chilli paste according to your liking.
Baked Basa in Foil
You can make individual packets of this recipe in aluminium foil. It’s great for outdoor grilling.
Just wrap one piece of marinated fish fillet in aluminium foil and grill for 20-23 minutes.
Open the packet and dig in.
if you want to make a variation of the baked Basa, then try these marinade instead of the mentioned in the recipe below.
1 tablespoon Butter + 1 teaspoon Paprika + 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
1 tablespoon Olive Oil + 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice + 1 ts Dried Thyme + 1 teaspoon Garlic
1 tablespoon Butter + 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil + 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice + ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Arrange the basa fillets on a baking tray in a single layer.
Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice all over the fish and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Add oil, red chilli paste, ginger, garlic and tomato puree in a bowl and mix well.
Brush the marinade all love the fish.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until fish is cooked. Serve hot with grilled vegetables.
Spicy Baked Basa Recipe
- 400 g Basa Fillet
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli Paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Arrange the base fillets on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice all over the fish and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add oil, red chilli paste, ginger, garlic and tomato puree in a bowl and mix well.
- Brush the marinade all love the fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until fish is cooked.
- Serve hot with grilled vegetables.