Spicy Pickled Radishes….I always get tempted to buy these cute little mini red Radishes whenever I spot them and they usually make their way to a salad or a quick stir fry. This time when I got these beauties, I was tempted to try something new and what better way than Pinterest to browse for unique ideas. It showed me tons of recipes using Radishes and out of all the recipes, this pickle caught my fancy. Just 10 mins from start to finish, I loved the recipe and the end result. Perfect to sneak between burgeers and sandwiches, this Spicy Pickled Radishes is a perfect way to spice up the flavors. Here s how to make it.
Recipe to make Spicy Pickled Radishes
Pickled Radishes Recipe
- Small red radishes - 250 g
- Red wine vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Red chili flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Whole peppercorns - 7-8
- Whole garlic cloves - 5-6
- Wash the radishes and slice them into thin slices using a mandolin.
- Transfer the slices in a clean glass jar.
- Heat red wine vinegar, water, salt, honey, red chili flakes, whole peppercorns and whole garlic in a pan.
- Heat the mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and pour it over the radishes.
- Close the lid once the pickle is cooled.
- You can start to use the pickle immediately or refrigerate for up to a month and use when needed.