There are many road side joints which sell Chaat but I avoid eating from there as I never trust them for hygeine. Plus, you never know which ingredients they use for making those “yummy” Dahi Puris, right? That’s why, I suggest that make Dahi Puri or all the Chaats at home and relish them without any worries. Let me tell you, if you have the chutneys ready then it doesn’t take much time to assemble puris and stuffing!
Dahi Puri can be served during parties or reunions as a starter or just a snack. This Chaat is quite light and the ingredients used for making the same are easily available at your home. Make sure to prepare Dahi Puri this Summer and beat all the heat for your family as well. You could even try making Bhel Puri and give your loved ones option to choose their favorite Chaat for the day!
- Gol gappe Puri - 30-40
- Boiled potatoes - ½ cup ( cut into small cubes )
- Boiled black gram / Kale chane - ½ cup ( soak for a few hours before boiling )
- Boiled whole moong - ¼ cup ( soak for a few hours before boiling )
- Curd - 1 cup
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Chaat masala - ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder - ¼ tsp
- Mint and coriander chutney - ¼ cup
- Sweet tamarind chutney - ¼ cup
- Nylon sev - ¼ cup
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp ( chopped )
- Pomegranate seeds - ¼ cup
- Mix salt, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Arrange the gol gappe on a plate.
- Make a small hole in each gol gappa with your finger.
- Fill small amount of boiled potato, black gram and moong in each gol gappa.
- Pour yogurt from top.
- Sprinkle little masala mixture that we made earlier on yogurt.
- Sprinkle mint and coriander chutney and tamarind chutney on top.
- Sprinkle some more masala mixture.
- Sprinkle nylon sev, coriander and pomegranate seed on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Note - You can adjust the amount of ingredients to suit your taste.