Broccoli has slowly woven itself into our household cuisine and I have no clue how. It is just a few years back that I was introduced to this veggie and was always tempted to buy it knowing all the goodness it has. Initially I had no idea what to do with it. Many a times, it has ended in the trash because by the time I thought of a recipe to please mine and my hubby’s unique palates , it was no longer viable. I am still tempted to buy it every time I go to a grocery store , but now have learned a few recipes that both of us like and so we try to eat a lot of this lovely veggie.
It also makes a very good lunch pack for my son Bhavye. I smear it with a layer of butter and make a roll for him.
Recipe to make Broccoli Paratha
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl and knead with water to make soft dough
- In another bowl, mix broccoli, potato, salt, chaat masala and garam masala
- Mix well
- Make 6 equal balls from the dough and divide the broccoli mix into 6 equal parts
- Dust and roll the dough a little and fill it with the broccoli mix
- Again dust and roll to make a 10 inch disc
- Heat a griddle and cook the paratha from both the sides till brown spots appear
- Smear with oil or ghee and cook from both the sides
- Serve hot with any raita or aachar