Gobi Paratha is a delicious Indian flat bread which is easy and quick to make. Learn how to make perfect Gobi ka paratha recipe with few tips and tricks.
Gobi Paratha is filled with the goodness and taste of Aloo Parathas plus it has also the nutrients contained in a cauliflower. Stuffed parathas have always been a cherished breakfast in our family.
My parents and we all siblings used to enjoy savouring these piping hot, stuffed Indian flatbread. I remember visiting home while I was studying Dental Science and living in a hostel. Mom would make a variety of stuffed parathas for breakfast and serve them along with fresh, home made curd, pickle and freshly made butter.
These parathas were one of the best things that happened to me! There was something very special in her parathas, the taste which I could find no where. So this time when mom was visiting us, I asked her to guide me to make Gobi Ka Paratha and since she was standing by my side throughout and guiding me through the process, the parathas came out exactly like hers.
I promptly wrote the recipe with all the do’s and don’t and now I am pretty confident about making Gobi Paratha.
My mother loves preparing Gobi Ka Paratha more than other parathas because she says that they are pretty balanced. Firstly, though potatoes are also added in its stuffing, the usage of grated cauliflower makes these parathas more salubrious.
When I serve Gobhi Paratha to my kiddo, he feels as if he is eating Aloo Parathas and my purpose for making him eat some more cauliflower gets fulfilled, yay! So, you could do the same trick and make your loved ones eat healthy Gobi Paratha. Do read its recipe and serve scrumptious Gobi Ka Paratha with curd, pickle or fresh raita of your choice.
Tips to make best Gobi ka Paratha
The dough should be soft and smooth and must rest for sometime. Knead it agin for a minutes before dividing it.
The amount of filling should be almost equal to the amount of dough.
The consistency of the filling should be similar to that of dough.
Apply ghee or oil only once the parathas are slightly done from both the sides.
Keep pressing the parathas with the back of a ladle after applying ghee on it.
You might also like
Gobi Paratha Recipe
Gobhi Ka Paratha
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- For the stuffing
- Cauliflower / Gobhi - 1 cup grated
- Boiled potato - 1/2 cup grated
- Green chili - 1 Chopped
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp Chopped
- Ginger - 1 tsp grated
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil or ghee for frying
- For the dough
- Mix flour, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Add water and knead to make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- For the stuffing
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix nicely.
- For the Paratha
- Divide the dough into 6- 8 equal portions.
- Dust and roll the dough ball into a 5 inch disc.
- Keep 2 tbsp of filling in the centre and bring the corners together.
- Dust again with dry flour and gently roll to make a 6 inch disc.
- Heat a griddle.
- When the griddle is hot, transfer the paratha on the griddle.
- Cook till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apply ghee or oil and cook the parathas till golden brown from both the sides.
- Keep pressing the paratha while cooking with the back of a ladle for making it crispy from outside.
- Make all the parathas in the same manner.
- Serve hot with white butter and achar.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.