Gulab Phirni Recipe
Gulab Phirni is a rose flavored dessert which is a delight to eat. Light and subtly flavored with fresh rose petals and rose water, you will surely love it.
- 1 litre Full cream milk
- 1/4 cup Rice
- 2 tbsp Rose petals Chopped
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Rose water
- Slivers of almonds and pistachios for garnishing
- Soak rice in 1/2 cup of water for 3-4 hours.
- Grind in a blender to make a coarse paste.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the ground rice.
- Keep stirring to avoid the rice sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the heat and cook for 30-40 minutes, till phirni thickens.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Add sugar and rose water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the phirni in the serving bowl.
- Garnish with almond and pistachios slivers and a few rose petals.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
- The consistency of phirni is much thicker than the kheer.
- So cook it accordingly.
- It will thicken further after cooking so keep that in mind.
- Keep stirring in between to avoid burning from the bottom.
- Phirni is best served in clay pots.
Use the petals of local variety of rose. The hybrid ones doesn't have good flavor and smell
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.