Make poached eggs in instant pot without fail every single time. These require no hands-on cooking and get ready in minutes. You’ll never go back to any other method, I am promising you.
About This Recipe
Have you ever tried making poached eggs in an instant pot? If not, you are seriously missing out. I have done so much cooking in my life, but one thing that always intimidated me was poaching eggs to perfection.
I have tried several methods in the past including adding vinegar to the water, make a tornado vortex (swirl) in the water, using a strainer to drain out the excess egg white, and whatnot.
But then I came across this life-savor method to poach eggs in an instant pot. This method is so easy, even your little kid will be able to pull it off.
The best part is you can set the timer according to the consistency you want, the softer you like the yolk, the less time you can cook it for.
No matter how many eggs you make, the cooking time will be the same. I use silicon cups or ceramic bowls to make these poached eggs, which make sure they turn out perfect in shape as well.
You need just two ingredients, eggs and water. That’s it. Use fresh large eggs for the best result.
I made these in my 6-quart Instant pot and I could make 4 eggs at a time. If you have a 2 tier rack, you can make 8 at a time. The cooking time will be the same for 2, 4, or 8 eggs.
You will need one 4 oz silicon cup or a ceramic bowl per egg and a trivet. You will also need a little oil spray to grease the cups. You can buy silicon poached egg cups on Amazon.
Manufacturers do not recommend using glass in the instant pot as they have not tested their product. However, I and others have used oven-safe glass in the instant pot with no issues. Please keep that in mind and use it at your own risk.
Also, the cooking time will differ for silicon cups and ceramic bowls. It is lesser in silicon cups.
How To Make Instant Pot Poached Eggs
Place a trivet inside the instant pot and pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
Spray or brush 4 silicon egg cups (or ceramic bowls) with oil. Place the cups on the trivet.
Crack one egg in each cup.
Close the lid of the instant pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
Press the STEAM button and adjust the time according to the consistency you prefer.
- 1 minute for soft whites and runny yolk
- 2 minutes for soft whites and soft set yolk
When the timer goes off, release the pressure immediately by moving the valve to the venting position and open the lid.
Note – Releasing the pressure immediately once the timer goes off is important otherwise the eggs will keep cooking and the yolk will become harder.
Remove the cups from the pot immediately and pour out any water that has come on top of the eggs due to condensation.
Remove the eggs from the cups very gently using a spoon and keep them on a plate lined with kitchen tissue to absorb any extra moisture. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and serve warm.
Pro Tips By Neha
Timings for eggs poached in an instant pot depend on different things such as the materials of the containers you use, altitude, the size of your instant pot, the temperature of the ingredients, etc.
I read on multiple blogs that the eggs should be cooked on high for 4-5 minutes for a perfectly runny yolk but mine were ready in just 1 minute. 2 minutes and the yolk was soft-cooked already.
So I suggest poaching one egg and start with a 1-minute timer. Then go up if you think the consistency is not up to your liking. Once you have figured out the right timing for yourself, poach multiple eggs together.
The time of cooking will not change for 1 or 8 eggs.
I do not cover the eggs with foil while poaching which means that there will be a few drops of water condensation over them. I just pour it out.
You can store the poached eggs for about 2 days, in an airtight container in the fridge. While serving again, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Switch off the stove and using a spoon, gently lower the poached egg in the water and let it sit for 30 to 60 seconds. Then take it out using a slotted spoon on a plate lined with a paper tissue and it is ready to be served.
You Might Also Like
Instant Pot Poached Eggs Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place a trivet inside the instant pot and pour 1 cup of water in the pot.
- Spray or brush 4 silicon egg cups or ceramic bowls with oil. Place the cups on the trivet.
- Crack one egg in each cup.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Press the STEAM button and adjust the time according to the consistency you prefer.1 minute for soft whites and runny yolk2 minutes for soft whites and soft set yolk
- When the timer goes off, release the pressure immediately by moving the valve to the venting position and open the lid.
- Note – Releasing the pressure immediately once the timer goes off is important otherwise the eggs will keep cooking and the yolk will become harder.
- Remove the cups from the pot immediately and pour any water that has come on top of the eggs due to condensation.
- Remove the eggs from the cups very gently using a spoon and keep them on a plate lined with kitchen tissue to absorb any extra moisture. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and serve warm.