Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle is a tangy recipe made using raw mangoes and spices. I made this quick pickle while I was on my Onam Sadya spree. I had made Sambaran for the other day and as I had some raw mangoes at home, I thought, why not make some Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle as well. You just need basic pickle ingredients to make this accompaniment. I have used sesame oil, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, heeng, garlic and curry leaves et al to make this delicious pickle. You can savour this Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle with piping hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) or Coconut Rice.
Go ahead and make this lip-smacking pickle this summer and store it. Last year, I had shared small jars of Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle with some of my friends. They loved it so much that owing to the popular demand, I will have to make a huge stock of Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle this year! I am sure you will have to do the same once you make this tasty Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle for your family.
Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle
Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle | Onam Sadya Recipe
- Raw mangoes - 500g
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Sesame oil - 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Heeng - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 8-10 cloves
- Curry leaves - 15-20
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder - 3 tbsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Wash the raw mangoes and wipe them with a kitchen towel.
- Cut into small pieces with skin on.
- Add salt in the mangoes and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and fry for a few seconds.
- Add heeng, garlic cloves and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder and vinegar and fry for another few seconds.
- Add the mangoes and mix well.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Cool the pickle and transfer it in a sterilised container.
- The pickle is ready to serve.
- Store it in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
You might also like