Made using mango puree, condensed milk, Kesar, and full cream milk, Mango Kulfi is a delight for the taste buds. Try this super easy recipe at home this summer!
About This Recipe
Kulfi is an Indian version of Icecream that is getting popular all over the world. Denser and creamier, it is mostly made in the shape of a cone. Add Mangoes in the season to make it a delicious variety, Mango Kulfi.
Kulfi was popularly sold by the local street vendors called kulfi walas in large earthen pots. They would take out one mold, cut the kulfi into small pieces, and serve it on a leaf plate.
This dessert is made without eggs and you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it. Just some basic ingredients and a creamy, luscious dessert is ready in no time.
Milk – Kulfi tastes best when it is creamy and rich. Do not compromise on using the best ingredients for best taste and texture. I have used full-fat milk to make kulfi and suggest the same to you as well.
Mango Puree – Fresh or canned mango puree works in this recipe.
Nuts – I have added almonds, cashew nuts, and pistachios. Powdering them not only gives a nice taste but also a great texture to this dessert.
Saffron – This ingredient is totally optional.
Condensed Milk – Condensed milk makes the kulfi very creamy and helps to set it without forming crystals.
Powdered Sugar – Adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of the mangoes.
Cornstarch – A little cornflour or cornstarch make s this kulfi super creamy and luscious.
Step By Step Recipe
Blend almonds, cashew nuts, and pistachio coarsely in a blender. Keep it aside.
Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan. Simmer the heat when it comes to a boil.
Add saffron threads. Let it cook until it is reduced to almost 1/2.
Add in the almond cashew pistachio mixture and stir the mixture at regular intervals or else it can burn at the bottom and give a very foul taste.
Add condensed milk.
Dissolve cornflour in a little water and add it to the milk. Add the fresh cream. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool.
When the mixture is cooled, add the mango puree. Mix well.
Pour the mixture in kulfi molds and freeze till set. To serve, remove it from the molds by dipping it in water for a few seconds. Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers. Serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alphonso and Kesar Mangoes are the best to make this Kulfi. However, you can use any ripe and juicy mango.
Some other options are Dasheri, Begumpalli, or Badami. You can even use canned mango puree to make it.
To make a no-cook version of this kulfi, mix mango puree, fresh cream, and milk powder in a bowl. Add powdered sugar to taste. No freeze this mixture in molds and your no-cook mango kulfi is ready.
Once your Kulfi is properly set, take them out of the molds or the earthen pots. Just rub the mold or matkas (small earthen pots) between your palms or dip in some warm water for a few seconds. Quickly remove the kulfi and serve immediately.
You might also like
Mango Kulfi Recipe
- 1/4 cup Almonds (Blanched and skin removed)
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Pistachio (Blanched and skin removed)
- 1 litre Full cream milk
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 250 g Condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- 1 cup Mango puree
- Almond and pistachio slivers for garnishing
- Blend almonds, cashew nuts and pistachio coarsely in a blender.
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Simmer the heat when it comes to a boil.
- Add saffron threads.
- Let it cook till it is reduced to almost 1/2.
- Stir the mixture at regular intervals or else it can burn at the bottom and give a very foul taste.
- Add the dry fruits mixture in the milk.
- Add condensed milk.
- Dissolve cornflour in a little water and add it to the milk.
- Add the fresh cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and cool the mixture.
- When the mixture is cooled, add the mango puree and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in kulfi moulds and freeze till set.
- Remove it from the moulds by dipping the mould in water for a few seconds.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Serve immediately.