Kuzhi Paniyaram is a healthy and Delicious South Indian breakfast snack made using Idli or Dosa Batter. Here is how to make it.
About this recipe
Paniyaram is a healthy and delicious South Indian snack which is made using dosa or idli batter. There is a special pan required to make this snack which is called Chatti.
It has small cavities in it and the batter mixed with onions, tomatoes, green chilli, coriander and a few spices are poured in these cavities and cooked till slightly browned from both the sides.
Served along with Coconut Red Chilli Chutney, this easy to make snack is my family favorite. This also makes for a very good option to keep for lunch boxes. My son loves it and since it is easy to pack, it’s always his favourite snack to carry to school.
Sometimes, I even prepare piping hot Paniyaram for supper and relish it along with tasteful Adrak Wali Chai. Perfect to nibble on, even during parties, you could serve them so that even your guests can relish something new from the South Indian cuisine.
The best part about this recipe is that you can easily prepare or buy dosa or idli batter and quickly make it whenever you want. Bookmark my recipe for preparing this using readily available batter and ingredients.
You might also like
- 3 cups Dosa / Idli batter
- ½ cup Onion (Finely chopped)
- ½ cup Tomato (Finely chopped)
- 1 Green chilli (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Grated fresh coconut
- ¼ tsp Hing / Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat paniyaram chatti on medium heat.
- Brush little oil in the cavities to avoid paniyaram from sticking on the chatti.
- Pour little batter in the pan cavities and cover the pan.
- Cook till paniyarams are slightly browned from the bottom.Turn the paniyaram and cook on the other side uncovered till slightly browned.
- Remove from the pan.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or any other chutney of your choice.