This super easy and refreshing Mango Green Tea gets ready in under 10 minutes using simple ingredients. Make a big pitcher using fresh or frozen mangoes and serve for picnics, BBQ, or summer lunches (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free).
Are you looking for more such refreshing tea recipes? Here are some lined up for you – Apple Iced Tea, Hibiscus Tea, Thai Iced Tea, Strawberry Tea, Mango Iced Tea, Lemon Tea, and Passion Fruit Iced Tea.
About Mango Green Tea
Mango Green Tea is a refreshingly sweet and tangy summery drink that comes together in under 10 minutes. Made using loose green tea or tea bags, mango puree, lime juice, and sugar, this drink is perfect for picnics, BBQs, or summer lunches.
This super-easy sweet mango flavored green tea can be made using fresh or frozen mangoes. The canned puree also works great. I often make a big pitcher at home to sip on this fresh beverage whenever I feel like drinking something healthy and yummy.
Though I like to make this drink with green tea, you can substitute it with any other tea, such as black tea, chamomile tea, or even earl grey.
This tropical chilled tea recipe is dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free. You can easily double or triple the recipe.
Ingredients & Variations
Mango – You can make the tea using fresh homemade mango puree or canned mango puree (pulp).
To make homemade mango pulp, use any ripe and juicy mango. I love Alphonso or Kesar varieties of mango. To make homemade puree all around the year, use frozen mangoes.
Green Tea has many health benefits, and this mango tea recipe is a great way to include it in your diet.
Having said that, you can make this drink with black tea, chamomile, or earl grey, and the taste will be as good as this green tea one.
You can use green tea bags or loose tea. Just make sure not to steep the tea for more than a minute. Otherwise, it will turn bitter.
If using loose tea, you can use a tea infuser or a tea strainer to strain the tea.
Lime Juice – Use only freshly squeezed lime juice for the best taste. Lime juice adds a nice tangy taste that complements the sweetness of mangoes.
Sugar – Adjust the quantity according to your taste. You can avoid adding sugar if you feel the mangoes are sweet enough. You can replace sugar with honey (not vegan) or maple syrup for healthy alternatives.
Finish it with some fresh and green mint leaves for a refreshing taste.
You can also try this iced tea recipe with other summer fruits such as peaches, strawberries, passion fruit, etc.
Green Tea Benefits
As we all know, green tea is a nutrient-rich beverage with amazing health benefits. But make sure that you have this tea in the required quantity and do not over-drink it throughout the day. The wonders it can do to our bodies are,
- It is great for type 2 diabetes and can help prevent it to an extent.
- If you are on a weight loss journey, green tea should be on your beverage list as it increases fat burning.
- It is rich in antioxidants and can lower the risk of some cancers.
- It also promotes heart health.
- Daily consumption of green tea can reduce your bad breath.
- It is considered great for skin and hair.
How To Make Mango Green Tea
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil on high heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the heat.
Add 4 teaspoon loose green tea (or 2 tea bags) to the pan and give it a gentle stir.
Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for 1 minute. Do not steep it for over a minute; otherwise, it will turn bitter.
Strain the tea using a tea strainer in a pitcher (jug) and let it cool down to room temperature.
Once the tea is cooled, add ½ cup mango puree, 2 teaspoon sugar, and 2 tablespoon lime juice, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. If you like your tea sweeter, add more sugar.
Fill 4 tall glasses with ice and pour the tea over the ice. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve chilled. You can also add a lime slice to the glass.
Make yourself a big pitcher of mango-iced green tea and store it in the fridge. Consume it within a day when it is nice and fresh. I do not like to store it for more than a day. Stir it well before pouring it into the glass.
You Might Also Like
Mango Green Tea Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons loose green tea (or 2 green tea bags)
- ½ cup mango puree (made using fresh or frozen mangoes or use canned puree)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Bring water to a boil on high heat in a medium-size saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the heat.
- Add green tea to the pan and give it a gentle stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for 1 minute. Do not steep for more than a minute otherwise, it will turn bitter.
- Strain the tea using a tea strainer in a jug and let it cool down.
- Once the tea is cooled, add mango puree, sugar, and lime juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. If you like your tea sweet, add more sugar.
- Fill 4 tall glasses with ice and pour the tea over the ice. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!