This super easy and refreshing mango green tea gets ready in under 10 minutes using simple ingredients. Make a big pitcher using fresh or frozen mangoes and serve for picnics, BBQ, or summer lunches (vegan, gluten-free).
Looking for more such refreshing tea recipes, then here are some of them lined up for you – Apple Iced Tea, Hibiscus Tea, Thai Iced Tea, Strawberry Tea, Mango Iced Tea, Lemon Tea, and Passion Fruit Iced Tea.
About This Recipe
Mango green tea is a refreshing summery drink that comes together in under 10 minutes. Made using loose green tea or tea bags, mango puree, lime juice, and sugar, this drink is perfect to serve for picnics, BBQ, or summer lunches.
This super easy mango green tea can be made using fresh or frozen mangoes. Canned puree also works great. I often make a big pitcher at home, so that we can sip on this fresh beverage whenever we feel to drink something healthy and yummy.
Though I like to prepare this drink with green tea, you can substitute it with any other tea such as black tea, chamomile tea or even earl grey.
This Iced Mango Tea is,
- Sweet + Tangy
- Easy to make
Mango – You can use any ripe and juicy mango for this tea. I personally love Alphonso. To make this round the year, use frozen mangoes or canned mango puree.
You can even try this iced tea with other summer fruits such as peach, strawberries etc.
Green Tea – Green tea is my preferred choice due to its health benefits. Having said that, you can make this drink with black tea, chamomile or earl grey and the result will be as good as this green tea one.
You can use tea bags or loose tea. Just make sure to not steep more than a minute, otherwise, it will turn bitter. If using loose tea, you can use a loose tea infuser or a tea strainer to strain the tea.
Lime Juice – Use only freshly squeezed lime juice for the best taste. Lime juice adds a nice tangy taste that really complements the sweetness of mangoes.
Sugar – Adjust the quantity according to your taste. If you feel the mangoes are sweet enough, you can avoid adding sugar. If you want a healthy alternative, you can use honey (not vegan) or maple syrup instead.
Finish it off with some fresh and green mint leaves, for a refreshing taste.
How to make Mango Green Tea?
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil on high heat in a medium size saucepan.
Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the heat.
Add 4 teaspoon loose green tea (or 2 tea bags) to the pan and give it a gently stir.
Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for 1 minute. Do not steep for more than a minute otherwise it will turn bitter.
Strain the tea using a tea strainer in a jug and let it cool down.
Once the tea is cooled, add ½ cup mango puree, 2 teaspoon sugar, and 2 tablespoon lime juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. If you like your tea sweet, add more sugar.
Fill 4 tall glasses with ice and pour the tea over the ice. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
Green Tea Benefits
As we all know, green tea is a nutrient rich beverage that has some amazing health benefits. But make sure that you have this tea in the required quantity and not over-drink it throughout the day. The wonders it can do to our body are,
- It is great for type 2 diabetes and can actually help prevent it to an extent.
- If you are someone on a weight loss journey, green tea should definitely be on your beverage list as it increases fat burning.
- As it is rich in antioxidants, it has the ability to lower the risk of some cancers.
- It also promotes heart health.
- Daily consumption of green tea can actually reduce your bad breath.
- It is considered great for skin and hair.
Make yourself a big pitcher of mango iced green tea and store in the fridge. Consume it within a day, when it is nice and fresh. I do not like to store it for more than a day. Stir it well, before pouring it into the glass.
You might also like
Mango Green Tea Recipe
- 4 teaspoons loose green tea (or 2 green tea bags)
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup mango puree (made using fresh or frozen mangoes or use canned puree)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil on high heat in a medium-size saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the heat.
- Add 4 teaspoon loose green tea (or 2 tea bags) to the pan and give it a gently stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for 1 minute. Do not steep for more than a minute otherwise it will turn bitter.
- Strain the tea using a tea strainer in a jug and let it cool down.
- Once the tea is cooled, add ½ cup mango puree, 2 teaspoon sugar, and 2 tablespoon lime juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. If you like your tea sweet, add more sugar.
- Fill 4 tall glasses with ice and pour the tea over the ice. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.