This super easy and refreshing Mango Green Tea gets ready in under 10 minutes using simple ingredients. Make a big pitcher using fresh or frozen mangoes and serve for picnics, BBQ, or summer lunches (vegan, gluten-free).
Looking for more such refreshing tea recipes, then here are some of them lined up for you – Apple Iced Tea, Hibiscus Tea, Thai Iced Tea, Strawberry Tea, Mango Iced Tea, Lemon Tea, and Passion Fruit Iced Tea.
About This Recipe
Mango Green Tea is a refreshing sweet and tangy summery drink that comes together in under 10 minutes. Made using loose green tea or tea bags, mango puree, lime juice, and sugar, this drink is perfect to serve for picnics, BBQ, or summer lunches.
This super-easy sweet mango green tea can be made using fresh or frozen mangoes. The canned puree also works great. I often make a big pitcher at home to sip on this fresh beverage whenever we feel like drinking something healthy and yummy.
Though I like to make this drink with green tea, you can substitute it with any other tea such as black tea, chamomile tea, or even earl grey.
This tropical chilled tea recipe is dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free
Ingredients & Variations
Mango – You can make the tea using fresh homemade mango puree or canned mango puree (pulp).
To make homemade mango pulp, use any ripe and juicy mango. I personally love Alphonso or Kesar varieties of mango. To make the homemade puree all around the year, use frozen mangoes.
Green Tea – Green tea has many health benefits and this mango green tea recipe is a great way to include it in your diet.
Having said that, you can make this drink with black tea, chamomile, or earl grey and the taste will be as good as this green tea one.
You can use green tea bags or loose tea. Just make sure to not steep the tea for more than a minute, otherwise, it will turn bitter. If using loose tea, you can use a tea infuser or a tea strainer to strain the tea.
Lime Juice – Use only freshly squeezed lime juice for the best taste. Lime juice adds a nice tangy taste that really complements the sweetness of mangoes.
Sugar – Adjust the quantity according to your taste. If you feel the mangoes are sweet enough, you can avoid adding sugar. For healthy alternatives, you can replace sugar with honey (not vegan) or maple syrup.
Finish it off with some fresh and green mint leaves, for a refreshing taste.
You can also try this iced tea recipe with other summer fruits such as peaches, strawberries, passion fruit, etc.
Green Tea Benefits
As we all know, green tea is a nutrient-rich beverage that has some amazing health benefits. But make sure that you have this tea in the required quantity and do not over-drink it throughout the day. The wonders it can do to our body are,
- It is great for type 2 diabetes and can actually help prevent it to an extent.
- If you are someone on a weight loss journey, green tea should definitely be on your beverage list as it increases fat burning.
- As it is rich in antioxidants, it has the ability to lower the risk of some cancers.
- It also promotes heart health.
- Daily consumption of green tea can actually reduce your bad breath.
- It is considered great for skin and hair.
How To Make Mango Green Tea
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil on high heat in a medium-size saucepan.
Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the heat.
Add 4 teaspoon loose green tea (or 2 tea bags) to the pan and give it a gentle stir.
Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for 1 minute. Do not steep for more than a minute otherwise, it will turn bitter.
Strain the tea using a tea strainer in a pitcher (jug) and let it cool down to room temperature.
Once the tea is cooled, add ½ cup mango puree, 2 teaspoon sugar, and 2 tablespoon lime juice, and stir until sugar is dissolved. If you like your tea sweeter, add more sugar.
Fill 4 tall glasses with ice and pour the tea over the ice. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve chilled. You can also add a lime slice to the glass.
Make yourself a big pitcher of mango iced green tea and store it in the fridge. Consume it within a day, when it is nice and fresh. I do not like to store it for more than a day. Stir it well, before pouring it into the glass.
You Might Also Like
Mango Green Tea Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons loose green tea (or 2 green tea bags)
- ½ cup mango puree (made using fresh or frozen mangoes or use canned puree)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Bring water to a boil on high heat in a medium-size saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the heat.
- Add green tea to the pan and give it a gentle stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for 1 minute. Do not steep for more than a minute otherwise, it will turn bitter.
- Strain the tea using a tea strainer in a jug and let it cool down.
- Once the tea is cooled, add mango puree, sugar, and lime juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. If you like your tea sweet, add more sugar.
- Fill 4 tall glasses with ice and pour the tea over the ice. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.