Loaded with the goodness of mangoes, this mango iced tea is super refreshing, easy to make, uses simple ingredients, and comes together in 10 minutes. Try it!
About This Recipe
A refreshing blend of brewed black tea, mango puree, lime juice, and mint leaves, this mango iced tea is a perfect drink to serve for summer parties, BBQ’, picnics, or brunches. Prepared in 10 minutes, it is easy, fruity, and gives instant relief from the blistering heat.
Make it using freshly pureed mangoes or use canned mango puree or frozen mangoes. This drink is vegan and gluten-free too.
Black Tea – I made this tea using black tea leaves but you can also make it with green tea for a healthier alternative.
Mangoes – Use ripe and juicy mangoes to make the puree. In summers, when mangoes are in season, I like to use fresh mangoes but frozen mangoes work well too. You can also use canned mango puree.
Wash a ripe and juicy mango and wipe it using a paper towel. Peel the skin using a sharp knife. Now cut the flesh away from the seed. Discard the seed and cut the flesh into small pieces. Add the pieces to a blender and blend until smooth. Mango puree is ready to use. Refrigerate it for 2-3 days or freeze for 6 months.
Lime – Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best result.
Mint Leaves – Mint leaves add a refreshing and distinct taste to this drink. You can replace it with basil for a flavor change.
Sweetener – If the mangoes are sweet enough, you really do not need any sweetener. But if you feel the need, choose from sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey (not vegan).
How To Make Mango Iced Tea
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
Switch off the heat and add 3 tsp tea leaves (or 2 tea bags) and steep for 2-4 minutes or until desired level of strength.
Strain the tea in a pitcher.
Stir 4 tsp sugar (or any other sweetener of your choice) until dissolved.
Stir 1 cup mango puree, 6 tsp lime juice, and 15-20 mint leaves. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Fill 4 tall serving glasses with ice cubes. Pour the tea over the ice, garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make iced tea with green mangoes, just replace ripe mango puree with green raw mango puree. The taste will be a bit tangier as compared to the ripe mango tea, but it tastes delicious. You can add in a little more sugar or honey, if it is too tangy.
This tea tastes best when made fresh but if you have leftovers, they will last for about 3 to 4 days in a covered glass jar when kept in the refrigerator.
You Might Also Like
Mango Iced Tea Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons black tea leaves (or 2 tea bags)
- 4 teaspoons sugar (or any other sweetener)
- 1 cup mango puree
- 6 teaspoons lime juice
- 15-20 mint leaves (more for garnishing)
- ice cubes
- lime slices (for garnishing)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Switch off the heat once it comes to a rolling boil. Add tea leaves and steep for 2-4 minutes or until desired level of strength.
- Strain the tea in a pitcher.
- Stir 4 tsp sugar until dissolved. You can use any other sweetener of your choice in place of sugar.
- Stir in mango puree, lime juice, and mint leaves. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Fill 4 tall serving glasses with ice cubes. Pour the tea over the ice, garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.