Apple Iced Tea is a refreshing beverage made by flavoring regular iced tea with apple juice or apple soda. Here is how to make it (vegan, gluten-free).
About This Recipe
Apple Iced Tea is a twist to your usual iced tea where black tea is flavored with apple juice or apple-flavored soda, mint leaves, and lime juice. This sweet tea makes for a great non-alcoholic summer beverage.
Making this sweet apple tea at home is super easy and you can control the sweetness according to your taste preferences.
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. Make it in a large pitcher for your next summer party.
To save time, you can make the black tea in advance and just assemble the iced tea when ready to serve. Once assembled, serve it immediately.
You can even freeze the tea and use it later.
So make a big pitcher of this apple iced tea recipe and enjoy on a hot day.
Ingredients, Substitutes & Variations
Tea leaves – I have used loose black tea leaves (chai patti) but you can use green tea or hibiscus tea too. Loose tea can be easily replaced with tea bags.
Sugar – I use organic brown sugar in my kitchen and hence have used that to make this tea. You can use any granulated sugar for sweetening.
Sugar-free substitutes like stevia or monk fruit also work well in this recipe.
You can replace sugar with honey or maple syrup as well. Just don’t add it while the tea is cooking. Add it when the pan is off heat.
Apple Juice – Apple juice adds a refreshing fruity taste to this drink. You can use apple-flavored soda in place of apple juice for a fizzy drink.
Lime juice – Increase or decrease the amount as per your liking. You can also use fresh lemon juice in place of lime juice.
Mint – Make it super refreshing by adding some fresh mint leaves.
You can also add a cinnamon stick while brewing the tea to make apple cinnamon tea.
How To Make Apple Iced Tea
Add 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon black tea leaves, 8-10 mint leaves, and 2 teaspoon sugar to a medium saucepan and heat it over medium-high heat.
Reduce the heat to low once the water comes to a boil and let the tea simmer for a minute.
Remove the pan from heat and strain the tea using a tea strainer in a jug. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
Fill 2 tall glasses with ice till the top. Add 4-5 mint leaves to each glass.
Pour ½ cup apple juice (or apple soda) and ½ cup brewed tea over the ice.
Add 1 teaspoon lime juice into each glass and give a quick stir. Garnish the sweet apple tea with apple slices and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Tip – Add a splash of vodka, tequila, or white rum for an adult treat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can brew the tea and refrigerate it for up to a day. Just assemble the drink when ready to serve. You can also freeze the ready drink in popsicle molds for a summer treat.
Use green apple juice in place of red apple juice and reduce the amount of lime juice as green apples are slightly tart themselves.
You Might Also Like
Check out my other beverage recipes too.
Refreshing Apple Iced Tea Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon loose black tea leaves (chai patti) (or 1 tea bag)
- 10-12 mint leaves (plus for garnishing)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup apple juice (or apple-flavored soda)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ice cubes (as required)
- Add water, tea leaves, mint leaves, and sugar to a medium-size saucepan and heat it over medium-high heat. You can adjust the sugar according to your taste.
- Reduce the heat to low once the water comes to a boil and let the tea simmer for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and strain the tea using a tea strainer in a jug. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Fill 2 tall glasses with ice till the top. Add 4-5 mint leaves to each glass.
- Pour ½ cup apple juice (or apple soda) and ½ cup brewed tea over the ice.
- Add 1 teaspoon lime juice into each glass and give a quick stir. Garnish the sweet apple tea with apple slices ad lemon wedges. Serve immediately.