Mango Martini Cocktail is a refreshing blend of mango, vodka, and lime juice. It is the perfect drink for summer parties, BBQs, or get-togethers. Here is how to make it (vegan, gluten-free).
About Mango Martini
Mango Martini Cocktail is an easy and quick drink that you can fix in 5 minutes. It is a delicious tropical version of the classic martini.
This light and trendy drink uses just 4 ingredients – vodka, Grand Marnier, mango puree, and lime juice.
Mango martini has become my favorite cocktail for summer barbeque parties, get-togethers or to sip through the evening while chilling at home. It is sweet, treat, fruity, and very refreshing.
This refreshing drink is quite popular in Thai and Asian restaurants and makes a perfect beverage to accompany your Thai (Asian meals).
This mango martini recipe is vegan and gluten-free, and you can easily scale it as per your needs.
Here are some more cocktail recipes
- Mango Daiquiri
- Red Wine Sangria
- Mango Mojito
- Watermelon Mojito
- Tamarind Margarita
- Pumpkin Pie Martini
- Mango Mai Tai
- Basil Julep
I love this drink because it is simple and needs just 4 ingredients – vodka, Grand Marnier, mango puree, and lime juice.
Mango Puree – Make fresh mango puree for the best result. I have a detailed post on how to make mango puree; check it out.
I like to use Indian mangoes like Alphonso mango or Kesar mangoes or others like Champagne mangoes or Florida mangoes, as they are very sweet and juicy. You can use any ripe and sweet mango that you prefer.
If fresh mangoes are not readily available, make a puree using frozen mangoes or canned mango pulp.
You can also use mango juice or mango nectar in place of puree; the cocktail will be thinner in this case.
Vodka & Grand Marnier – You can use any unflavoured vodka.
Grand Marnier is an orange-flavored liqueur that gives this delicious summer cocktail a refreshing taste. You can use other orange-flavored liqueurs like Triple Sec or Cointreau instead of Grand Marnier.
Lime Juice – Use freshly squeezed lime juice to add a tangy touch to this sweet drink. Lime juice can be replaced with lemon juice.
If your mangoes are not sweet enough, add a little sugar syrup to sweeten the drink.
How To Rim The Martini Glass
Follow these easy steps to get a tropical bar-like rim on the Martini glass:
- Take some water on a shallow plate, dip the rim of the glass in it, and then invert it on a plate filled with salt. Shake the glass gently to remove any excess salt.
- Alternatively, you could rub a lemon wedge on the rim and then invert the glass on a plate filled with salt.
I have used sea salt for rimming the martini glasses as it goes well with mangoes. However, you may suit yourself and use any other salt.
A salt and red chili mix also works great for rimming cocktail glasses.
How To Make Mango Martini
- 1.5 ounces (45 ml) vodka
- 1.5 ounces (45 ml) Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce (30 ml) mango puree
- 1 ounce (30 ml) lime juice
into a cocktail shaker.
Fill the shaker with crushed ice and shake well for 30 seconds.
Strain the mix into the rimmed glass.
Frequently Asked Questions
Add 1 cup water and 1 cup granulated sugar to a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, swirling the pan occasionally until the sugar completely dissolves. Cool, then store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 4 weeks.
Pro Tips By Neha
Add a little sugar syrup if you like your drinks on the sweeter side.
You can increase or decrease the amount of lime juice according to your taste preference.
Make this tasty cocktail ahead of time for parties. Freeze it before use, then blend again until it is slushy.
If ripe mangoes are not in season, you can use canned mango puree or mango juice to make this drink.
Add a little bit of pineapple juice to make a pineapple mango martini.
You can make a frozen version of this martini by freezing the mango pieces or pulp and then blending all the ingredients until it becomes slushy.
You Might Also Like
Mango Martini Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 ounces vodka (45 ml)
- 1.5 ounces Grand Marnier (45 ml)
- 1 ounce mango puree (30 ml)
- 1 ounce lime juice (30 ml)
- crushed Ice
Rim the Glass
- Take some water on a shallow plate and dip the rim of the glass in it and then invert the glass on a plate filled with salt. Shake the glass gently to remove any excess salt.
- Alternatively, you could also rub a lemon wedge on the rim and then invert the glass on a plate filled with salt.
- I have used sea salt for rimming the glass as it goes well with mangoes. However, you may suit yourself and use any other salt as well.
- A mix of salt and red chili also works great for rimming the cocktail glasses.
Make The Cocktail
- Pour vodka, Grand Marnier, mango puree, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with crushed ice and shake well for 30 seconds.
- Strain the mix into the rimmed glass.
- Serve immediately.