Paan Shots is a refreshing drink made using fresh betel leaves, aromatic gulkand (rose jam), and creamy vanilla ice cream. Try my easy recipe here.
About This Recipe
Paan Shots is a refreshing mouth freshener drink that combines “dessert” and “after meal paan” into one.
Inspired by the popular Indian Meetha Pan (Betel Leaves), it is super easy to make and comes together in just 5 minutes.
Serve it as a drink or dessert for festivals or special occasions or enjoy it on a hot summer day.
Betel Leaves – You can easily get these from the local paanwalas or in the local vegetable markets. Some Indian grocery stores also stock these.
Cardamom Powder – It gives a very nice flavor to this drink.
Vanilla Ice Cream – Adds creaminess and sweetness to the shots.
Gulkand – Gulkand is rose jam. You will find it at any Indian grocery store or even online.
Green Color – It is optional but gives a nice green hue to the drink.
Others – You will also need fennel seeds (saunf), desiccated coconut (nariyal ka burada), and sugar.
I personally like to serve it as a dessert after a heavy meal, as it is great for digestion and also cools down your body.
These paan shots can also be served as a drink for get-togethers, dinner parties, or Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, etc.
Paan shots taste best when made fresh. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for about a day or two in the refrigerator.
You Might Also Like
Paan Shots Recipe
- 7-8 betel leaves (paan)
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut (nariyal ka burada)
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons gulkand (rose jam)
- 3-4 drops green color (optional)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5-6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Remove the thick veins of betel leaves using a sharp knife and cut the leaves into small pieces.
- Add them to a blender along with fennel seeds, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder, ice cubes, gulkand, green color, and sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoon water and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Add vanilla ice cream to the jar and blend until smooth.
- Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Pour into small serving glasses. Garnish with mukhwas and serve immediately.