Rabdi Gulab Jamun Parfait is a lip-smacking fusion dessert prepared with layers of gulab jamun, rabdi-infused whipped cream, rose petals, and nuts. Try my easy recipe here (vegetarian).
With the festive season around the corner, you may also want to try some of my favorite Indian sweets – Mango Basundi, Paan Panna Cotta, Double Ka Meetha, Sitaphal Basundi, and Shrikhand.
About Rabdi Gulab Jamun Parfait
Rabdi Gulab Jamun Parfait is an easy fusion dessert that has delicious layers of juicy gulab jamuns and rabdi saffron flavored cream topped with rose petals and nuts.
If you have rabdi and gulab jamun ready at home, this fusion dessert comes together in just 10 minutes. It is a great dessert to make for a crowd as well.
Instead of layering the components into individual bowls, you can arrange them in a large tray, and voila, your dessert for a crowd is ready in just 10 minutes!
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
For The Cream
To make the flavored cream, you will need whipping cream, rabdi, saffron strands, and cardamom powder.
I like to use non-dairy whipping cream that bakers use to dress the cake. It is available in most grocery stores. You can use heavy whipping cream too.
You can either make Rabdi at home or use a store-bought one. It is easily available at an India mithai shop. You can also buy a ready-to-make pack of rabdi, if time is a constraint.
Use good quality saffron and cardamom powder.
Make Gulab Jamuns at home, or get them from the local mithai shop.
Rose Petals and Pistachios
Garnish the parfait with dried rose petals and slivered pistachios. You can also add in more nuts such as slivered almonds ad cashews.
Serve Rabdi Gulab Jamun Parfaits for Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, or Raksha Bandhan, etc.
It is also a great dessert to make for Indian-themed parties or get-togethers.
Once assembled, these fusion parfaits will last for 2-3 days in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
This is also a great “make ahead” dessert that can be prepared 24-48 hours before, and stored in the refrigerator.
You Might Also Like
Rabdi Gulab Jamun Parfait Recipe
- 1 cup whipping cream (I use non-dairy whipping cream but you can use heavy whipping cream too.)
- 1 cup rabdi
- 15-20 strands saffron (soaked in 1 tablespoon milk)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 10-12 gulab jamun (plus more for garnishing)
- dried rose petals (for garnishing)
- slivered pistachios (for garnishing)
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add rabdi, saffron soaked in milk and cardamom powder to the cream and fold gently using a silicon spatula
- Chop the gulab jamun into very small pieces and discard the syrup.
- Fill the whipped cream mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large nozzle.
- Pipe some mixture into small serving glasses (or shot glasses).
- Top with 2 tablespoon of chopped gulab jamun.
- Top with more whipped cream mixture.
- Garnish with dried rose petals, chopped pistachios and halved gulab jamuns.
- Chill for a few hours and serve.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!