In India as well as Pakistan, Kadhai Gosht is considered to be a traditional dish that is mostly prepared without fail during an elaborate festive meal and on various auspicious occasions as well. Peshawari Kadhai Gosht is a Pakistani style of cooking the kadhai which is made using minimum ingredients and the taste is excellent. Made from using the simplest ingredients available in the household, I just couldn’t believe that something as delicious as Peshawari Kadhai Gosht could be so easily prepared within no time! With chicken and fish being made almost regularly at my home, eating something different is always a welcomed treat. Peshawari Kadhai Gosht was relished with as much as joy as was Garlic and Parsley Prawns.
I had prepared Peshawari Kadhai Gosht under the pretext of Ramzan, but let me tell you that you need not wait at all to relish this delicious treat. You could prepare Peshawari Kadhai Gosht whenever you feel like having a desi meal with your family! So, before you all ask, here’s the recipe of Peshawari Kadhai Gosht, you just need some piping hot phulkas or naan, and you know that a super yummy meal is ready to be served, right?
Peshawari Kadhai Gosht
- Goat mutton - 1 kg
- Ghee - ½ cup
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Tomato - 5-6 ( Cut into 4 pieces )
- Green chilli - 5-6 ( Slit into half )
- Ginger - 2 tsp ( Chopped )
- Garlic - 2 tsp ( Chopped )
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add mutton and salt and fry on high heat for 5 minutes .
- Cover the pan and cook the mutton on low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Add tomato, green chilli, ginger and garlic and cover and cook again for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes and mix well.
- Cook for another 10-12 minutes until everything comes together.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with Naan.