Try this healthy and easy Amaranth Granola at home in under 30 minutes using just 8 ingredients. Here is how to make it (vegan, gluten-free).
About This Recipe
Amaranth Granola is a nutritious mixture of puffed amaranth seeds, pecans, and pumpkin seeds, flavored with cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. It is crisp, slightly sweet with a hint of spice, and comes together in just 30 minutes.
It is much better than the store-bought granola, as it is fresh, made with high-quality ingredients, and is free of preservatives. You can always adjust the ingredients as per your preference too.
Add it to your greek yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, porridge, or just munch on it as a healthy snack. Double or triple the recipe and store it for later use.
You just need 8 ingredients to make healthy Amaranth Granola – puffed amaranth seeds, pecans or walnuts, ground cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, salt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
You will easily get puffed amaranth and pumpkin seeds in grocery stores or online grocery portals such as Amazon.
If you can’t find pecans or find them expensive, you can use walnuts instead.
Maple syrup adds a subtle hint of sweetness. You can use honey (not vegan) as well. Cinnamon gives it a touch of spice that goes really well with the sweetness of maple syrup.
Use a good quality vanilla extract for a beautiful flavor and aroma.
I prefer to use coconut oil, as it is healthy and the best choice to make granola at home.
Add amaranth granola to flavored yogurt, ice creams, smoothies, smoothie bowls, overnight oats, milkshakes, or porridge.
You can also munch on it as a healthy snack in between the meals or whenever the hunger strikes.
Cools down the granola completely and store it in a clean and dry air-tight container at room temperature and it will last for a good 3-4 months. Use a clean and dry spoon for every use, it will ensure that the granola lasts longer.
It also freezes well. Store in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag and freeze for about 6 months.
You Might Also Like
Amaranth Granola Recipe
- 2 cups puffed amaranth seeds
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Line a 9×13 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix puffed amaranth seeds, pecans, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the bowl and mix everything well.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and spread evenly using a silicon spatula.
- Transfer the tray to the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15-16 minutes until the granola is lightly browned.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the granola cool down for 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer it in an airtight container and store it in a cool and dry place for up to a month or refrigerate for up to 3-4 months. You can also freeze it for 6-8 months. Use as required.