Bengali Style Veg Pulao is an authentic dish made by using gobindobhog rice, loads of veggies, dry fruits and condiments. Here is a traditional recipe to make Bengali Veg Pulao.
I really recommend that you try out this new dish, because I personally loved it a lot. Do read its recipe and if you prefer, then serve it with any Bengali Style Curry.
You might also like
Bengali Style Veg Pulao Recipe
Bengali Style Veg Pulao
Bengali Style Veg Pulao is an authentic dish made by using gobindobhog rice, loads of veggies, dry fruits and condiments.
- 1 cup Gobindobhog rice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2-3 Green chilli Slit into half
- 5-6 Cashew Nuts broken
- 10-12 Raisins
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1/4 cup Carrot Cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower Cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup Potato Peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup Beans Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and green chilli and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add cashew nuts and raisins and fry until slightly browned.
- Add green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and fry for a few seconds.
Now add carrot, peas, cauliflower, potato and beans and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain the rice and add it in the pan along with lemon juice, salt, sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low heat until rice is cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with any bengali style curry.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.