Bengali Style Veg Pulao is an authentic dish made by using gobindobhog rice, loads of veggies, dry fruits and condiments. Here is a traditional recipe to make Bengali Veg Pulao.
About the recipe
I really recommend that you try out this new dish, because I personally loved it a lot. Do read its recipe and if you prefer, then serve it with any Bengali Style Curry.
You might also like
Bengali Style Veg Pulao
- 1 cup Gobindobhog rice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2-3 Green chilli (Slit into half)
- 5-6 Cashew Nuts (broken)
- 10-12 Raisins
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1/4 cup Carrot (Cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (Cut into small florets)
- 1/4 cup Potato (Peeled and cubed)
- 1/4 cup Beans (Cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (Chopped)
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and green chilli and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add cashew nuts and raisins and fry until slightly browned.
- Add green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add carrot, peas, cauliflower, potato and beans and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain the rice and add it in the pan along with lemon juice, salt, sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low heat until rice is cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with any bengali style curry.