Boom Boom Sauce is a sweet, spicy, and garlicky magic sauce that takes your snacks to another level. Make this 5-minute recipe and serve with burgers, french fries, nachos, fried seafood, grilled veggies, or meat or drizzle it on your salads. Here is how to make it.
Here are some more sauce recipes that you can make at home, and are definitely better than the store-bought ones – Schezwan Sauce, Bang Bang Sauce, Bechamel Sauce, Yum Yum Sauce, Homemade Pizza Sauce, Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, and Homemade Thai Peanut Sauce.
About This Recipe
Boom Boom Sauce is an addictive mayonnaise-based sauce that can be used as a dip for about anything. It is sweet, tangy, and spicy, which instantly makes anything taste so good. It is served at Sheetz gas stations with deep-fried pickles and that’s how it became popular.
This Boom Boom Sauce is a magical combination of mayonnaise, sriracha, sweet chili sauce, yellow mustard, and tomato ketchup. The further addition of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper makes it more versatile and delicious. It is super easy, quick, and just takes 5 minutes to get it ready.
I like to make this sauce a few hours ahead of serving. By doing so, the flavors get together very well. The best part is that this sauce can be made several days in advance.
The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. No pan, no stove, no blender, just mix in the sauce in a bowl and it is ready to devour.
This sauce is,
- Easy & Quick
- Made with fewer ingredients
- Better than the store-bought ones
This sauce is really simple to make and almost all the ingredients you will have in your pantry.
You will need mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, Sriracha sauce, mustard, ketchup, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper.
Use regular, light, or low-fat mayonnaise. If you want to make a vegan version, you can replace the regular mayonnaise with eggless mayonnaise.
You can replace Sriracha sauce with any hot sauce of your choice.
This recipe makes about 1 and ½ cups of sauce. You can half, double, or triple the recipe as per your need.
Add a little liquid from the pickle for a yummy tang.
How to make Boom Boom Sauce?
Add 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, 2 teaspoon Sriracha, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, ¼ cup ketchup, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, and salt & pepper to taste to a medium-size mixing bowl.
Stir using a spoon or a small wire whisk until combined. Transfer in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Frequently Asked Questions
I cringe whenever I go through the ingredient list on readymade sauces. The amount of preservatives, colors, and enhancers that goes into the packaged sauces really puts me off.
And when it’s possible to get the same taste in the homemade version, there is absolutely no need to pick up these sauces from stores.
You know for sure what you are putting in them and plus they are much more economical to make at home. All the more reason to make this tasty treat at home.
When you make this sauce at home, you can play with the ingredients and come up with an interesting version.
Use veg or vegan mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise to make it vegan.
Yes, you can prepare and refrigerate it for up to a month. Just make sure there are no fresh ingredients added to it. The more this sauce sits, the more the flavors get a chance to combine with each other and the better it tastes.
Pro Tips by Neha
If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it using water, pickle or relish juice, or lime juice.
You can adjust the quantity of the ingredients, depending upon your taste buds.
Add seasonings like cajun, 5 spice, 7 spice etc for a fun twist.
Well, you can use it in anything. When I say anything, I mean anything.
- This sauce goes well with grilled chicken, vegetables, or fish.
- You can serve it as a dip with fries, baked sweet potato wedges, or air fryer potato wedges.
- Use it in your burgers, hotdogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, wraps, rolls, or tacos.
- Serve it with your chips, nachos, or other crackers.
- It also tastes great with deep-fried snacks like chicken tempura.
- You can use it as a dip or a spread in your sandwiches. I sometimes even like to use it as my salad dressing.
You might also like
Boom Boom Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup plain mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- Add 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, 2 teaspoon Sriracha, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, ¼ cup ketchup, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, and salt & pepper to taste to a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Stir using a spoon or a small wire whisk until combined. Transfer in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a month.