This 3 ingredients Brown Sugar Lemonade is the refreshing beverage you need on a hot sunny day. Try my easy recipe here (vegan, gluten-free).
Here are a few more lemonade recipes that you may like – Lychee Lemonade, Dried Sumac Lemonade, Rosemary Gin Lemonade, Strawberry Basil Lemonade, Mulberry Lemonade, and Mango Ginger Lemonade.
About Brown Sugar Lemonade
Brown Sugar Lemonade is a take on the classic lemonade where granulated white sugar is replaced with dark brown sugar.
Brown sugar gives this lemonade a deeper and caramel-like flavor.
This easy and refreshing beverage comes together in under 30 minutes using 3 simple ingredients.
This lemonade with brown sugar is perfect to sip on hot sunny days. You can also make it for your backyard parties, BBQs, brunches, or family gatherings.
This drink is vegan and gluten-free. Double or triple the recipe if making it for a bigger crowd.
Lemon Juice – Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for a tasty and refreshing lemonade.
You can replace lemon juice with lime juice too. Keep in consideration that limes are tangier than lemons.
Brown Sugar – Use organic dark brown sugar to make a brown sugar lemonade recipe.
You will also need water and ice cubes.
How To Make Brown Sugar Lemonade
Make The Sugar Syrup
Add 1 cup of room temperature water and 1 cup of dark brown sugar (packed) to a pan and heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat to low.
Cook the syrup for 15 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool completely.
Tip – To fasten the cooling process, you can add 2-3 ice cubes to the syrup.
Make The Lemonade
Add 3 cups of chilled water to a large pitcher.
Stir in 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and cooled syrup.
Add ice cubes to the serving glasses and pour the lemonade over the ice.
Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon wheels and serve chilled.
Frequently Asked Questions
To get the maximum juice out of the lemons, roll the lemons on the counter, putting pressure on them with the palm of your hand, to soften them up and break down the pulp. This will make it easier to squeeze the juice out.
Microwaving the lemons for 15 seconds also softens them up and makes them easier to squeeze.
Yes, you can but keep in mind that the flavor of light brown sugar is milder as compared to dark brown sugar.
Best lemonade is made using freshly squeezed lemon juice but if don’t have access to fresh lemons, then you can use store-bought juice.
You can make a pitcher of this lemonade and store it in the refrigerator for a day. Sip on it whenever you need hydration.
You can also make the syrup and store it in a covered container for 1-2 weeks so that it comes in handy while making the lemonade.
You Might Also Like
Brown Sugar Lemonade Recipe
- 4 cups water (1 cup at room temperature for the simple syrup, 3 cups chilled for the lemonade)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lime juice)
- ice cubes (as required)
Make The Sugar Syrup
- Add 1 cup of room temperature water and dark brown sugar to a pan and heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the syrup for 15 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool completely.
- Tip – To fasten the cooling process, you can add 2-3 ice cubes to the syrup.
Make The Lemonade
- Add 3 cups of chilled water to a large pitcher.
- Stir in lemon juice and cooled syrup.
- Add ice cubes to the serving glasses and pour the lemonade over the ice.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon wheels and serve chilled.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!