Dhaniya ki Panjiri is a falahari dish especially made for Krishna Janamashtami as Prashad. Here is how to make this delicious recipe at home.
About This Recipe
This is a popular sweet dish which is served as a prasad and is even relished during fasts or Vrat. In India, we love to celebrate festivals and occasions with joy and vigour.
Janmashtami is one such festival when we celebrate the birthday of Lord Krishna and serve various delicacies to him in his honour. This sweet is also served to the Lord on this day.
Prepared using ghee, dhaniya or coriander powder, dry fruits, coconut and powdered sugar, this dish makes the festivities more divine and spiritual. These days, it is also available ready made in most of the supermarkets.
However, since my childhood, I have always seen my mom preparing it at home will all divinity and joy. Having fond memories of celebrating festivals with my mother, I make sure to make it at home, every year along with Panchamrit! By doing so, I feel satisfied that the naivedhyum of this Panjiri is pure and is suitable to be served as a prasad.
Salutary and delicious sweet can be also consumed every day after your meals. Shared as follows, is a simple recipe for preparing Panjiri Prasad at home.
You might also like
Dhaniya Ki Panjiri
- ¼ cup Ghee (plus 1 tbsp)
- 2 cups Dhaniya powder
- ½ cup Makhane
- 10-12 Cashew nuts (crushed)
- 10-12 Almonds (Crushed)
- ½ cup Dry coconut (Grated)
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan.
- Fry the cashew nuts and almonds till slightly browned.
- Remove from ghee and keep aside.
- In the same ghee, roast the makhane till crisp.
- Remove from the pan and grind coarsely.
- Heat ¼ cup ghee in a pan.
- Add coriander powder and roast on low heat till fragrant and browned. ( Approximately 8-10 minutes )
- Keep stirring constantly.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts, almonds and makhane.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the mixture is cooled completely, add the powdered sugar and grated coconut and mix well.
- Store the panjiri in an air tight container for up to a week.