Lauki Ka Halwa
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Almonds - 10-12 broken into small pieces
- Cashewnuts - 10-12 broken into small pieces
- Lauki - 3 cups Peeled, seeded and grated using medium size grater
- Full cream milk - 3 cups
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Rose water - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Khoya - 200gm cooked till slightly browned
- Dry fruits for garnishing
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add almonds and cashewnuts and fry till golden brown.
- Add lauki and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the boiled milk.
- Simmer the heat and cook till all the milk has reduced.
- Add cardamom powder and rose water.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add khoya and sugar and cook till the desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachio slivers.