This Spicy Whipped Feta And Cream Cheese Dip come together in under 5 minutes using simple ingredients. Serve it with veggie sticks, crackers, or chips for a delicious party snack.
Here are a few more dip recipes that you may like – Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, Seasoned Sour Cream, Yogurt Mayonnaise Dip, Refried Bean Dip, Hot & Cheesy Mexican Corn Dip, Yogurt Dip with Mint & Garlic, Cream Cheese Fruit Dip, and Mutabal.
About This Recipe
Spicy Whipped Feta Cream Cheese Dip is a delicious Greek-style dip recipe that is perfect to serve with veggies sticks, crackers, hot pita triangles, or chips.
It comes together in under 5 minutes using simple ingredients.
Make this easy appetizer recipe for game day, movie nights, or house parties, and serve with fresh veggies, chips, nachos, or pita bread.
This recipe to make whipped feta and cream cheese dip gives approximately 1 cup of dip. You can easily half, double, or triple it as per your requirement.
Ingredients & Substitutes
Feta Cheese – Use goat’s milk feta or sheep’s milk feta cheese, whichever is easily available. Bring the cheese to room temperature so that it is softened a little making the blending process easier.
Cream Cheese & Yogurt – The addition of cream cheese and Greek yogurt makes the dip creamier, smoother, and fluffier. You can replace yogurt with mayonnaise or sour cream for a richer dip.
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – Use the best quality one!
Lemon Zest – Adds freshness to the dip, which makes it so refreshing to eat.
Garlic – Fresh garlic gives a lovely flavor to the dip.
Seasonings – Dried oregano, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes are the seasonings used in the dip.
How To Make Whipped Feta Cream Cheese Dip
Transfer 4 oz (100 g) Feta cheese, 4 oz (100 g) cream cheese, ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ teaspoon lime zest, 1 finely chopped small clove garlic, ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, ¼ teaspoon dried basil, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to a food processor or a blender and whip for at least 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
Whipping for at least 3-4 minutes is an important step to create a creamy texture.
Scrap the sides a few times while blending.
Note – In case you do not own a high-speed blender, crumble the feta before mixing it up with other ingredients.
Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Transfer the dip to a shallow serving bowl and use a small spoon to create a swirl on the surface of the dip.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, dried oregano, toasted sesame seeds, and chopped parsley. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Baked – Add the ready dip to a baking dish and bake it at 380 degrees f for 20-25 minutes. The time can differ depending upon your oven, so ensure to check after 15 minutes.
Roasted Red Bell Pepper – Add a few slices of jarred roasted red peppers along with cream cheese, feta cheese, and other ingredients while blending.
Slow Cooker – Mix all the ingredients and add them to a greased slow cooker. Cook covered on low heat for 2-3 hours.
Others – Add some hot sauce and red pepper flakes to make it spicier. You can also add a handful of fresh herbs like fresh thyme, fresh dill, or green onions.
It is a great dip to make for house parties, potlucks, or other special occasions.
Serve this creamy Feta Cheese and Cream Cheese Dip chilled or at room temperature along with pita chips and crackers of your choice. It also tastes great with carrot, cucumber, and beetroot sticks.
You can also serve it as an accompaniment with grilled or roasted chicken, roasted veggies, or any other appetizer/snack of your choice.
It also tastes great with warm pita bread and can be a part of the Mezze platter.
You can also top savory biscuits with this dip and serve it as an appetizer.
This easy whipped feta dip recipe will last for about 4-5 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Use a clean and dry spoon for every use, this will ensure that the dip lasts for longer.
You Might Also Like
Spicy Whipped Feta Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 4 ounce feta cheese (100 grams, at room temperature)
- 4 ounce cream cheese (100 grams, at room temperature)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano (plus more for garnishing)
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (plus more for serving)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (plus more for garnishing)
- toasted sesame seeds (for garnishing)
- chopped parsley (for garnishing)
- Transfer all the ingredients to a blender or a food processor and whip for at least 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Whipping for at least 3-4 minutes is an important step to create a creamy texture.
- Scrap the sides of the blender a few times while blending.
- Note – In case you do not own a high-speed blender, crumble the feta before mixing it up with other ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and use a small spoon to create a swirl on the surface of the dip.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, dried oregano, toasted sesame seeds, and chopped parsley. Serve chilled or at room temperature.