With most of the ingredients available right in your house, preparing Rajasthani Kairi aur Mirch ki Sabzi would surely be like a cake walk. Here is how to make Kairi ki Sabzi or Kacche Aam ki Sabji.
About the recipe
Ripe mangoes are loved by all of us and they indeed have their own charm. Be it Aamras or Mango Vanilla Smoothie, it is a luxury to feast on the king of fruits. However, amidst all that jazz, I cannot deny that I am a big time fan of raw mangoes or as we say of kacchi kairi as well!
Kairi ki Sabzi is a quintessential accompaniment that must be surely made during the summer. Flavoured with chilli and exotic spices such as heeng, sarson, zeera, methi, kalonji, saanf, a spoonful Kairi aur Mirch ki Sabzi can literally perk up your meals whenever relished as an accompaniment.
With most of the ingredients available right in your house, preparing kacche aam ki sabji would surely be like a cake walk.
You might also like
Kairi aur Mirch Ki Sabzi
- 500 g Raw Mangoes (peeled and sliced)
- 10-12 Green chilli (Slit into half)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Heeng
- 1 tsp Sarson / Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Zeera / Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Methi / Fenugreek seed (Crushed)
- 1/4 tsp Kalonji / Onion seed
- 1 tsp Saunf / Fennel seed
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add heeng, sarson, zeera, methi, kalonjig and saunf and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add raw mangoes and green chilli and cook for a minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and water and cook until raw mangoes are softened.
- add sugar and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Cool the chutney and store in refrigerator for up to 10 days.