There are some dishes that never loses its charm, one such recipe is this MASALA MACARONI.
It is one of those dishes that is said to be Continental but with a twist of Indian taste to it. We can actually call this dish ‘Desi Macaroni’.
Easy to make and delicious to eat, this Indian masala pasta is my savior for the days when I want to cook something super easy and tasty.
The best part, even my son loves it, and sometimes I even pack it for his Lunch Box.
Just boil the macaroni and salute it along with onion, tomato, and some everyday spices, and you are done. Super easy, right?
That is why it’s my favorite and perfect to even cook for the days when I a tired after a super hectic day of work. You can call this my comfort food too!
While I still love my macaroni and cheese, I will always have a soft corner for this desi Masala pasta, which is an Italian dish with Indian flavors.
So, if you are looking for fusion pasta recipe or pasta for kids, you should definitely try this pasta dish that can be made in just 30 minutes.
What is Masala Macaroni?
It is a simple yet delicious pasta recipe that has an Indian taste to it.
To make it, macaroni is boiled and then sautéed along with ginger, garlic, onion, tomato, capsicum, beans, carrots, and peas.
It is then flavored with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Italian seasoning, red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, lemon juice, and fresh coriander.
I also add processed cheese to add a gooey texture to the pasta. You can even serve this delicious dish for your weekday breakfast.
Step By Step Recipe
Heat water in a large pot. When the water starts boiling, add a tablespoon of salt and macaroni. Boil till it is soft.
Drain and toss with a tbsp of oil and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add onion, ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Fry for a minute.
Add tomatoes and fry for a minute.
Add capsicum, carrot, beans, and peas. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Italian seasoning, salt, red chilli sauce, tomato sauce, and cook for 2 minutes.
Add processed cheese and mix well.
Now add the boiled pasta, lemon juice, coriander leaves, and mix well.
Masala Macaroni Recipe
- 1 cup Macaroni
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Capsicum (finely cubed)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (finely cubed)
- 1/4 cup Beans (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup Green Peas (boiled)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Processed Cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
- Heat water in a large pot.
- When the water starts boiling, add a tablespoon of salt and macaroni.
- Boil till macaroni are soft. Drain and toss with a tbsp of oil and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- Add capsicum, carrot, beans and peas.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Italian seasoning, salt and processed cheese and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled pasta, lemon juice and fresh coriander and mix well. Serve hot.