About the recipe
Rajasthani Meetha Oliya Recipe
Meetha Oliya is a Rajasthani dish made using cooked rice, milk and sugar. It's made especially for the festival of Shitalashtami or Basoda but you can enjoy it anytime. Here is how to make Meetha Oliya.
- 1 cup Fresh curd
- 1/2 cup Boiled Rice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts Chopped
- 2 tbsp Almonds Slivered
- 1 tbsp Pistachios Slivered
- 5-6 strands Saffron Soaked in 1 tbsp milk
- Whisk fresh curd until smooth.
- Add boiled rice, sugar, cardamom powder and milk and mix well.
- Garnish with cashew nuts, almonds, pistachio and saffron soaked in milk.
- Chill for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.