Pomegranate Raita or Anar ka Raita is a delicious and easy to make accompaniment made using yogurt and pomegranate seeds and juice. Here is how to make it.
Yogurt is beneficial for our health as it is enriched with calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, magnesium, and potassium.
And of the latest additions on my list of fruit-based raitas is Anar ka Raita also known Pomegranate Raita.
It is an Indian side dish made with pomegranate and yogurt.
It is a perfect accompaniment to any Indian meal.
Quick and super easy to make, this raita can take your meal to the next level.
I make this raita by adding a little fresh pomegranate juice in the yogurt which gives it a lovely, sweet flavor and a pretty pink color.
In case fresh pomegranate juice is not available, you can use canned juice to make this Raita.
You can enjoy this raita with any Indian meal or can use it as a dip with your snacks.
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Whisk the curd till smooth.
Add pomegranate juice, salt, sugar, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, coriander, and green chili and mix well.
Transfer the raita in the serving bowl.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Pomegranate Raita Recipe
- 1 cup Curd
- ¼ cup Pomegranate juice (I used fresh juice, but you can use canned juice as well)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Roasted cumin powder
- ¼ tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Green coriander (chopped)
- 1 Green chilli (chopped)
- ¼ cup Pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- Whisk the curd till smooth.
- Add pomegranate juice, salt, sugar, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder, coriander and green chilli and mix well.
- Transfer the raita in the serving bowl.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve chilled.