Make this cafe-style Chocolate Cold Coffee in under 15 minutes using simple ingredients. It’s the best beverage to sip on hot summer days!
About This Recipe
Cold coffee is my top beverage to sip on hot summer days. I make a lot of versions but this chocolate cold coffee has become my recent favorite.
This homemade chocolate coffee tastes just like the one served at your favorite cafe and you will be glad to know that it is super easy to get that same taste at home using some basic ingredients.
The benefit of making it at home is that you can use the best of ingredients and homemade is much economical too.
If you are a coffee lover like me, then here are some more cold coffee recipes that you can try at home
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Vietnamese Coffee
- Dalgona Coffee
- Nutella Coffee
- Iced Vanilla Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew
- French Press Cold Brew
- Mexican Mocha
- South Indian Filter Coffee
Chocolate Shavings – Use chocolate shavings to decorate the serving glasses.
To make chocolate shavings, hold down a bar of chocolate with one hand and scrape the sides lengthwise using a vegetable peeler or a knife. It will create pretty, delicate shavings. Refrigerate the shavings in an airtight container and use as required.
Sugar – Increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste. You can also use sugar-free substitutes like monk fruit or stevia.
Milk – Use whole (full-fat) milk to make the coffee creamy.
Cocoa Powder – Use unsweetened cocoa powder.
Chocolate Syrup – Gives an intense chocolaty taste to the beverage.
Ice cream – Add chocolate ice cream for an intense chocolaty flavour and creaminess. If you want to make it a little lighter, then add vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate ice cream.
How to Make Chocolate Cold Coffee
Start by garnishing 2 tall serving glasses. Drizzle some chocolate syrup on the sides and top of the glasses.
Spread ½ cup chocolate shavings on a plate and invert the glasses on the plate to rim them with the shavings. Freeze the glasses for 10 minutes.
Stir together 2 teaspoon instant coffee powder, 2 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoon warm water in a small bowl.
Add 2 cups of chilled whole milk, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tablespoon chocolate syrup, 1 tablespoon milk powder, 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream, and the coffee mixture to the medium jar of a blender and blend for a minute.
Pour the coffee in the prepared glasses. Add some froth on top using a spoon.
Top with scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup and chocolate shavings on top. Serve immediately.
This coffee tastes best when made fresh. But if you still have leftovers, then store them in a glass jar and refrigerate them for up to a day. Shake well before serving.
You might also like
Chocolate Cold Coffee Recipe
- ½ cup chocolate shavings
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups whole milk (chilled)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup on the sides and top of 2 tall glasses.
- Spread chocolate shavings on a plate and invert the glasses on the plate to rim them with the shavings. Freeze the glasses for 10 minutes.
- Stir together instant coffee powder, sugar and warm water in a small bowl.
- Add chilled whole milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, milk powder, chocolate ice cream, and the coffee mixture to the medium jar of a blender and blend for a minute.
- Pour the coffee in the prepared glasses. Add some froth on top using a spoon.
- Top with scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup and chocolate shavings on top. Serve immediately.