Kalonji Baingan is a simple everyday Indian recipe where eggplant is cooked in a gravy flavored with Nigella Seeds. This dry sabji pairs very well with roti or paratha. Here is a step by step recipe to make Kalaunji Baingan.
Kalonji Baingan Masala Recipe is a filling dish that you can relish with piping hot rotis, Dhabe Wali Dal Tadka and rice. Baingan or Eggplant was one vegetable which I never liked to eat as a kid. But as I grew up, a few dishes made with Baingan like Baingan ka Bharta and this Kalonji Wale Baingan caught my fancy and gradually Eggplant became the King of vegetables in my home.
About this recipe
This Kalonji Wale Baingan is a very different kind of recipe. Nigella seeds and Fennel seeds are choicely used to flavor the eggplants while preparing Kalonji Baingan Masala Recipe.
Eggplants are good for producing iron in our bodies, they help in losing weight and are even diabetes friendly. It even helps for a smoother digestion and the best part is that its is anti-ageing!
So, ladies, make sure to eat more dishes prepared from such a salubrious veggie like eggplant. Having read about all the benefits of eggplant, I have literally fallen in love with it.
Try preparing Kalonji Baingan Masala Recipe at home and you would surely second my opinion. Get going and save its recipe:
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Heat oil in a pan.
Add kalaunji and saunf and fry for a few seconds.
Add garlic and onion and fry till slightly browned.
Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and fry for a few seconds.
Add baingan and 1/2 cup of water and cover the pan.
Cook the sabzi on very low heat till baingan is done.
Add more water if required in between.
Add amchoor powder and mix well. Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with dal rice or Roti.
Kalaunji Baingan Masala
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kalaunji
- 1 tsp Saunf
- 4-5 cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 500 g Baingan (Cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp Amchoor Powder
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add kalaunji and saunf and fry for a few seconds.
- Add garlic and onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and fry for a few seconds.
- Add baingan and 1/2 cup of water and cover the pan.
- Cook the sabzi on very low heat till baingan is done.
- Add more water if required in between.
- Add amchoor powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with dal rice or Roti.