This Tropical Smoothie Cafe Copycat Kiwi Quencher Tropical Smoothie is a refreshing drink perfect to serve for summer breakfast or a mid-day snack. Made using 5 simple ingredients, this recipe is gluten-free and can be easily made vegan.
About Kiwi Quencher Smoothie
Kiwi Quencher Tropical Smoothie is a refreshing drink made using 5 simple ingredients in under 5 minutes. It is popularly served at Tropical Smoothie Café, a cafe chain in the USA.
My homemade recipe to make this smoothie is very close to the one sold at the cafe and you can make it at a fraction of the cost.
The smoothie has a creamy and frothy texture and a sweet, fruity, and sour taste. It is loaded with antioxidants, and vitamin C and is perfect for a weight loss diet.
Seve this Tropical Smoothie Cafe Kiwi Quencher Smoothie for breakfast or as a mid-day snack.
This copycat recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free and can be easily made vegan. You can double or triple it too.
Here are some more smoothie recipes that you may like
- Pomegranate Plunge Tropical Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
- Mango Magic Tropical Smoothie
- Triple Berry Oat Tropical Smoothie
- Sunrise Sunset Tropical Smoothie
- Green Goddess Smoothie
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Banana Beet Smoothie
- Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Strawberries & Kiwi – Use the best quality organic fruits for the best-tasting and healthy smoothie. Freezing the fruits will make sure the smoothie turns out creamy.
I used green kiwis but yellow or golden kiwis will work fine too. Make sure to use ripe kiwis as they are sweeter and more aromatic in taste. The firm and unripe ones are too tangy and could be bitter sometimes.
I like to freeze the strawberries when they are in season and use them all year round. Do check out my post on How To Freeze Strawberries.
Yogurt – I use regular full-fat plain yogurt but you can use Greek yogurt or low-fat yogurt too.
To make the smoothie vegan, use vegan yogurt.
You can also use flavored yogurt like strawberry yogurt, vanilla yogurt, etc in place of plain yogurt.
Milk – I use whole milk (full-fat milk) to make this delicious smoothie recipe as it makes my smoothie rich and creamy but to make it healthier, you can use low-fat or skim milk too.
Use plant-based milk like soy milk, coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk, etc for a vegan smoothie.
Maple Syrup – Sweeten the smoothie using maple syrup. You can choose to completely skip it or adjust the quantity depending on your taste.
You can also use honey (not vegan) or agave syrup instead.
How To Make Kiwi Quencher Tropical Smoothie
- 2 cups (300 g, 10.5 oz) of frozen strawberries
- 3 kiwis (peeled, cubed, and frozen)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
to the jar of a blender.
Note – Thaw the frozen fruits for 10 minutes if they are too hard to ease the blending process.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Adjust the texture if needed. If your smoothie is too thin, add more frozen strawberries to help thicken it and in case the texture is too thick, add some more milk to thin it out a bit.
Check for sweetness and add more maple syrup if needed.
Pour the smoothie into serving glasses. Garnish with strawberry and kiwi and serve immediately.
Variations and Add-Ons
This tropical smoothie recipe is super versatile. You can add different ingredients and make a new version every time. I am sharing some options below.
Fruits – You can replace frozen strawberries with frozen mangoes, raspberries, pineapple, green apples, or peach chunks.
You can also add a large frozen banana to make the smoothie creamier.
Greens – Add greens such as baby spinach, kale, arugula, swiss chard, or beet greens.
Protein – Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder or whey protein if you are making it for your pre or post-workout drink for extra protein. You can also add nut butter like almond butter, peanut butter, etc.
Seeds – Add in some seeds such as flax seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds to up its nutrient game.
Fruit Juices – Replace milk with fruit juices like orange juice, cranberry juice, or mango juice. Coconut water is also a nice addition.
This kiwi quencher smoothie tastes the best when served fresh.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for about a day in the refrigerator. Shake it well before using it.
You can also freeze the smoothie for up to 2 months. Thaw, shake well, and serve.
You Might Also Like
Kiwi Quencher Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (300 g, 10.5 oz)
- 3 peeled, cubed, and frozen kiwi
- ½ cup plain yogurt (use plant-based yogurt for vegan smoothie)
- ½ cup whole milk (full-fat milk) (or skim, low fat or plant-based milk)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the jar of a blender.
- Note – Thaw the frozen fruits for 10 minutes if they are too hard to ease the blending process.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust the texture if needed. If your smoothie is too thin, add more frozen strawberries to help thicken it and in case the texture is too thick, add some more milk to thin it out a bit.
- Check for sweetness and add more maple syrup if needed.
- Pour the smoothie into serving glasses. Garnish with strawberry and kiwi and serve immediately.