Mint Cooler is a refreshing summer drink made using fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and chia seeds. Add a splash of your favorite alcohol to make a cocktail (vegan, gluten-free).
About Mint Cooler
Mint Cooler is a refreshing summer beverage made using fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and chia seeds.
It comes together in just 5 minutes of active working time and is perfect to sip on hot summer days.
Double or triple the recipe for a bigger crowd and serve it in a pitcher for parties. You can also add a splash of vodka, tequila, or white rum to make an adult version.
This lime mint cooler is vegan and gluten-free too.
Here are a few more summer drinks that you can try
- Aam Panna
- Kokum Juice
- Mango Basil Soda
- Litchi Lemonade
- Cucumber Mint Cooler
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- Charcoal Lemonade
- Brown Sugar Lemonade
- Virgin Moscow Mule
Chia Seeds – This superfood is said to have many health benefits, especially in summer. Soak up some and add it to this drink recipe.
You can replace chia seeds with basil seeds (sabja) too.
Mint Leaves – Use fresh and green mint leaves, and avoid the blackened ones.
Lime Juice – Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best taste. You can replace lime juice with lemon juice.
Sugar – Adjust according to your taste. You can also use honey (not vegan) as a healthy alternative to sugar.
You will also need chilled water and crushed ice. Replace some of the water with coconut water, orange juice, or pineapple juice for a taste change.
For a sparkling drink replace water with club soda.
You can replace the lime juice with lemon juice.
How To Make Mint Cooler
Soak 1 tablespoon chia seeds in ½ cup of water for 30 minutes.
- ½ cup rinsed mint leaves (packed)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
to a blender and blend to make a smooth mixture.
Transfer the mixture to a pitcher.
Add the remaining 3 cups of chilled water to the pitcher and stir well.
Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
Stir in soaked chia seeds.
Add a few ice cubes, lime round, and mint leaves to serving glasses.
Pour the mint mixture over ice and serve chilled.
Mint Cooler is perfect to sip on as a refresher throughout the day on a hot summer day.
You can also serve it with your everyday summer meals or weekend brunch.
Make a big pitcher and serve it for your summer parties.
It tastes best when made fresh. If you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a day in an airtight container.
You Might Also Like
Mint Cooler Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves (packed and rinsed, plus more for garnishing)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime Juice (or lemon juice)
- ¼ cup sugar (or to taste)
- 4 cups chilled water (divided)
- 1 cup crushed Ice
- lime rounds (for garnishing)
- Soak chia seeds in ½ cup of water for 30 minutes.
- Add mint leaves, lime juice, sugar, and ½ cup water to a blender and blend to make a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a pitcher.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of chilled water to the pitcher and stir well.
- Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Stir in soaked chia seeds.
- Add a few ice cubes, lime round, and mint leaves to serving glasses.
- Pour the mint mixture over ice and serve chilled.