Mint Cooler is a refreshing summer drink made using fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and chia seeds. Add a splash of your favorite alcohol to make a cocktail (vegan, gluten-free).
About This Recipe
Mint Cooler is a refreshing summer beverage made using fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and chia seeds.
It comes together in just 5 minutes and is perfect to sip on hot summer days.
Double or triple the recipe for a bigger crowd and serve it in a pitcher for parties. You can also add a splash of vodka, tequila, or white rum to make an adult version.
This lime mint cooler is vegan and gluten-free too.
Chia Seeds – This superfood is said to have many health benefits, especially in summers. Soak up some and add it to this drink recipe.
Mint Leaves – Use fresh and green mint leaves, and avoid the blackened ones.
Lime Juice – Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best taste.
Sugar – Adjust according to your taste. You can also use honey (not vegan) as a healthy alternative to sugar.
You will also need chilled water and crushed ice. Replace some of the water with coconut water, orange juice, or pineapple juice for a taste change.
Mint Cooler is perfect to sip on as a refresher throughout the day on a hot summer day.
You can also serve it with your everyday summer meals or weekend brunch.
Make a big pitcher and serve it for your summer parties.
It tastes best when made fresh. f you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a day in an airtight container.
You Might Also Like
Mint Cooler Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves (packed, plus more for garnishing)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime Juice
- ¼ cup sugar (or to taste)
- 4 cups chilled water
- 1 cup crushed Ice
- lime rounds (for garnishing)
- Soak the chia seeds in ½ cup of water for 30 minutes.
- Add mint leaves, lime juice, sugar, and ½ cup water to a blender and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a pitcher.
- Add the remaining water to the pitcher and stir well.
- Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Stir in soaked chia seeds.
- Add a few ice cubes, lime round and mint leaves to serving glasses.
- Pour the mint mixture over ice and serve chilled.