Lychee Lemonade (Litchi Lemonade) is a refreshing twist on the classic lemonade recipe with lychees added to it. Use fresh, frozen, or canned lychees to make it (vegan, gluten-free).
About Lychee Lemonade (Litchi Lemonade)
Lychee Lemonade (Litchi Lemonade) is a delicious tropical twist on the classic lemonade recipe where lychee pulp is added to it.
Lychee lemonade is super refreshing and is a perfect drink to serve on hot summer afternoons.
This drink is vegan and gluten-free and you can easily double or triple the recipe if making it for a crowd.
Here are some more summer drinks that you may like
- Mint Cooler
- Mango Habanero Margarita
- Lychee Smoothie
- Lychee Juice
- Dates Milkshake
- Badam Sharbat
- Cucumber Mint Cooler
- Strawberry Horchata
- Activated Charcoal Lemonade
- Brown Sugar Lemonade
Lychees (Litchi) – Although I personally like to use fresh litchi, you can definitely use frozen or canned lychees to make the lemonade. If using fresh lychees, peel and deseed them before using.
Lychees have many health benefits. You can read about them here.
Lime Juice – Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best result. You can also replace it with lemon juice.
Sugar – I used granulated white sugar but you can also use maple syrup or agave nectar.
Others – You will also need chilled water, ice cubes, mint leaves, and lime slices.
You can replace water with club soda or sparkling water.
How To Make Lychee Lemonade
- 25-30 peeled and de-seeded lychee
- 4 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 8 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
to the jar of a blender and blend to make a coarse paste.
Transfer the lychee paste to a large pitcher.
Add 5-6 mint leaves, 3-4 lime rounds, and 4 cups of chilled water to the pitcher and stir until combined.
Check for sugar and lime juice and add more if needed.
Note – Pass the lemonade through a fine-mesh strainer if you like smooth lemonade.
Pour the lemonade into serving glasses over ice.
Garnish with mint leaves and lime rounds and serve chilled.
This refreshing drink is best when enjoyed immediately, but can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Be sure to give it a good shake before serving, as the lychees tend to settle at the bottom.
You Might Also Like
Lychee Lemonade Recipe (Litchi Lemonade)
- 25-30 lychees (litchi) (fresh, frozen or canned, peeled and de-seeded)
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 8 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups chilled water
- 5-6 mint leaves (plus more for garnishing)
- 3-4 lime rounds (plus more for garnishing)
- ice cubes (as required)
- Add lychee, sugar, and lime juice to the jar of a blender and blend to make a coarse paste.
- Transfer the lychee paste to a large pitcher.
- Add mint leaves, lime rounds, and water to the pitcher and stir until combined.
- Check for sugar and lime juice and add more if needed.
- Note – Pass the lemonade through a fine-mesh strainer if you like smooth lemonade.
- Pour the lemonade into serving glasses over ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lime rounds and serve chilled.