Thandai Frappe is a refreshing drink that is loaded with Thandai flavors. It comes together in 5 minutes and is perfect to make for Holi or hot summer days (vegetarian, gluten-free).
About Thandai Frappe
Thandai Frappe is a delicious Indian twist on the classic frappe drink. It is made by adding Thandai Powder to the traditional frappe recipe. This drink comes together in just 5 minutes using simple ingredients.
This beverage has cooling properties due to its unique ingredients and will surely give you instant relief from the scorching heat.
Due to its distinct Thandai flavor, is a perfect beverage to serve for the festival of colors – Holi. You can also enjoy it on a hot summer day or during other special occasions.
My recipe serves 2 but you can scale the recipe if making it for a crowd.
Milk – I like to use whole milk (full-fat milk) as it makes my drink rich and creamy.
Vanilla Ice Cream – Use good quality vanilla ice cream. You can either make it at home or use a store-bought one.
Thandai Masala Powder – I prefer to use homemade thandai masala powder, but if you are short on time you can get a packaged one from the store.
Ice Cubes – Optional but highly recommended!
Whipped Cream – Top the ready drink with whipped cream to give it that perfect frappe look.
This drink is loaded with Thandai flavors that are synonymous with Holi, the Indian festival of color.
Thandai also has cooling properties, so you can sip on this beverage all summer.
I recommend making this drink fresh as it tastes the best that way. You can prepare the Thandai Masala Powder beforehand and store it so that it comes in handy when you want to enjoy this drink.
You Might Also Like
Thandai Frappe Recipe
- 2 cups chilled whole milk (full-fat milk)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons Thandai powder
- 6-8 ice cubes
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Add milk, vanilla ice cream, Thandai masala powder, and ice cubes to the large jar of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the drink in 2 serving glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle some more Thandai powder on top.
- Garnish with rose petals and saffron soaked in water and serve chilled.