Chicken Shahjahani is a rich and creamy recipe of chicken where chicken is cooked in a rich masala made with dry fruits, onions and spices. Here is a simple recipe to make it.
This is a dish which we all look forward to eating on a weekend during our cosy family lunch. Murgh Shahjahani, a basket of piping hot Pudina Laccha Parathas and royal Vegetable Dum Biryani, what more could you ask for!
This recipe has juicy chicken pieces in a rich and creamy gravy made with dry fruits, onion and spices turned to be absolutely finger-licking.
Follow this quick recipe for crafting this delicious Chicken recipe at home!
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 3-4 Clove
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 2 Green cardamom
- 1 and ½ cup Onion (Chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoon Musk melon seeds
- 10-12 Cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 kg Chicken
- 4 tablespoon Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 4-5 drops Kewra essence
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- 3-4 Boiled eggs (cut into halves)
- Soak poppy seeds, musk melon seeds and cashew nuts in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Grind to make a fine paste. ( I used my coffee grinder to grind these into a smooth paste )
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan.
- Add cloves, black cardamom and green cardamom and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till onion turns translucent.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the onion mixture cool.
- Once cooled, grind in a grinder along with little water to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste in the karahi along with the seeds and nuts paste we ground initially.
- Add little water if required.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add yogurt along with ½ cup of water and cover and cook the chicken for 30-35 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Add fresh cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add kewra essence and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Arrange the boiled eggs on top.
- Serve hot with Naan or Laccha Paratha.