Palak Chana Dal
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Heeng / Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Zeera / Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Green chilli (Slit into halves)
- Salt to tate
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 cups Fresh palak / Spinach leaves (Chopped)
- 1 cup Chana dal / Split Bengal Gram
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Wash the dal and soak in enough water for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add oil in a pressure cooker.
- When the oil is hot, add heeng and zeera and let it crackle.
- Add onion and fry till it turns translucent.
- Add tomato and green chili and fry for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt and fry for a minute.
- Add fresh spinach.
- Drain the chana dal and add it in the cooker as well.
- Now add 4 cups of water and pressure cook till dal is done ( Approximately 1 whistle on high heat and 2 on low heat )
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat and let the pressure release.
- Open the pressure cooker once the pressure is released.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a small pan.
- Add garlic and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Switch off the heat.
- Add chili powder in the ghee and immediately pour the tadka in the dal.
- Serve hot with rice or Phulke