A delicious Indian flatbread that is as healthy as it is versatile, Pumpkin Paratha or Kaddu Ka Paratha is a wholesome meal in itself.
Pumpkin has myriad health benefits and can be used in the preparation of a variety of dishes. They can be used in a gravy dish such as Khatta Meetha Kaddu or as a part of the Kerala Style Sambhar. Here is how to make Pumpkin Paratha.
Pumpkin Paratha Recipe
A delicious Indian flatbread that is a as healthy as it is versatile, Pumpkin Paratha is a wholesome meal in itself. Here is how to make it.
- 1 and 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Chick pea flour
- 2 tbsp Oil Plus for frying
- 2 tbsp Coriander Chopped
- 1 tsp Green chile Chopped
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Ginger Grated
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Mix aata, besan, 2 tbsp oil, coriander, green chilli, til, salt, ginger and turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Make a soft dough.
- Use little water if required.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal balls.
- Dust and roll each ball to make a 5-6 inch round disc.
- Heat a griddle.
- When the griddle is hot, transfer the disc to the griddle.
- Cook from both the sides till broken spots appear.
- Apply little oil or ghee and fry till golden brown from both the sides.
- Keep pressing the paratha with the back of a ladle while cooking.
- Serve hot with white butter, pickle and raita.
Recipe to make Pumpkin Puree is here.