Achari Turai is a spicy delicious dish prepared using Turai, Courgette or Ridge Gourd. Not a vegetable liked by everyone, ridge gourd is actually high on nutrients and very healthy. Here is how to make Achari Turai Recipe.
The specialty of this dish is the way it makes the vegetable taste great. The achari masala infuses varied flavors to the vegetable that makes it a versatile option to be enjoyed with roti for dinner, or plain rice and rasam for lunch. You can even enjoy it with dal and phulka.
Ridge Gourd is a natural blood purifier & also helps reduce sugar levels. Diabetics and people suffering from blood pressure would do well to have it. It also improves the skin and aids in weight loss. Here is how to make Achari Turai.
You might also like
Achari Turai Recipe
Recipe to make Achari Masala is here.
Achari Turai Recipe
Achari Turai is a spicy delicious dish prepared using Turai, Courgette or Ridge Gourd. Not a vegetable liked by everyone, ridge gourd is actually high on nutrients and very healthy. Here is how to make Achari Turai.
- 1.5 kg Turai / Ridge Gourd
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onion Thinly sliced
- 2 Green chilli Slit into halves
- 2 tbsp Achari masala
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Tomato Chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Wash and peel the turai and cut into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and fry till slightly browned.
Add green chilli and achari masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turai, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and cover and cook till turai is 50% cooked.
- Add tomato and cook until turai is nicely cooked.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with dal and phulke.
You can add some maslaa from mango pickle or red chilli pickle for a more profound achari taste.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.