Thinking how to prepare authentic, Butter Chicken? So, follow my easy Punjabi recipe to make the Best Indian Restaurant Style Butter Chicken Curry at home today!
What is Butter Chicken | Chicken Butter Masala?
It is a truly lip-smacking accompaniment which goes very well with different flatbread. Also known as Murgh Makhani, this North Indian dish is a mildly spicy, rich and thick curry sauce made using Chicken breast, chicken thighs or chicken pieces.
How to make Butter Chicken Recipe?
This creamy, buttery chicken recipe is made with simple ingredients such as onion, butter and tomato puree blended together with spices and absorbed by the meat. Moreover, it includes two main stages of preparation.
First of all, the tender chicken pieces are finely marinated. And, this marination is done by letting chicken pieces absorb hung curd, red chilli powder et al. Marinating the chicken is very important. So, ensure that you do not miss this step as it will reflect its taste on the baked chicken pieces later.
The secret to prepare Restaurant Style Butter Chicken
In addition, making the sauce of this accompaniment is an art. Because, the richness of this sabzi totally depends on it. It has to be balanced and luscious.
Most of all, this sauce needs cooking ghee/oil, tomato sauce, cinnamon stick, garlic paste, garam masala, tomato paste, and garlic ginger. Finally, we add the chicken to this thick gravy.
In addition, we cook by stirring this gravy with baked chicken pieces. As a result, all the quintessential spices and their flavours get coated around the chicken very nicely.
How to serve this sabzi?
Most importantly, Butter Chicken | Butter Chicken Recipe is a staple dish in North India. Also, its richness makes it a great dish that can be eaten with Laccha Paratha, Butter and Garlic Naan, roti or even white rice. Moreover, it is often served with Jeera Rice made using Basmati Rice.
Furthermore, the juicy and soft chicken chunks go great with the gravy. And, it is very wholesome and satiating as well. Hence, you could serve this for lunch, dinner or even lazy weekend brunch. Since, the recipe of this dish is pretty streamline therefore you will get a hang of it in making it without any hassles or doubts once you practice. Consequently, you may make it whenever you want. Probably, it will turn out way better than the one you order in the eateries, for sure. So, note down my easy recipe to make it then?
- For Marinating the chicken
- Chicken - 750 gm
- Hung curd - 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- For the gravy
- Ghee / Oil - 2 tbsp
- Green cardamom - 2-3
- Black cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
- Cloves - 3-4
- Black pepper - 3-4
- Onion- 1 cup (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Hung curd - 2 tbsp
- Cashewnut paste - 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Kitchen king masala - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
- Kasturi methi - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- First of all, mix all the ingredients for marinating the chicken in a bowl and let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- Additionally, pre heat an oven to 180 degrees c.
- Also, arrange the chicken in a aluminium foil lines baking tray.
- Another task then: Roast for 20-25 minutes until chicken is slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper.
- Fry for a few seconds.
- Now, Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Later, Remove the black cardamoms from the pan.
- Blend the onions in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Now, Add butter in a pan.
- Then, Add the onion paste to the pan.
- Later, Add hung curd and tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add cashew nut paste, kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder and kitchen king masala.
- Fry for a minute.
- Then, Add little water if required.
- Now, Add chicken and salt and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Futhermore, Add fresh cream, kasturi methi and lemon juice.
- Lastly, Add honey.
- Cook for minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with laccha paratha.