This Starbucks Copycat Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte takes 5 minutes to come together. It’s made using real pumpkin, can be made with your choice of milk (dairy or plant-based), and is perfect to sip on warmer fall and autumn days.
About This Recipe
There is nothing like a tall glass of chilled coffee on a cozy evening when you just want to sit and relax with your family, and this Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is my favorite when it comes to Fall and Winter. Easy, quick, and unique, this one will surely ‘WOW’ you with its taste.
As soon as the fall sets in, I make a big batch of my Homemade Pumpkin Puree and Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix and use them in my recipes in every possible way that I can. From soups to curries to dessert, I add them to everything I cook.
Of all the recipes that I make using pumpkin, this Starbucks copycat chilled Pumpkin Spice Latte is made on repeat as my husband and I are crazy about its taste.
It has a perfect strong flavor of coffee with a hint of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Sweetened with maple syrup and some whipped cream on top, this one is perfect to serve to your guests too.
Although you can grab a glass of this goodness at Starbucks, I have so many reasons why you should make it home.
- Homemade is less sugary and low in calories.
- You can customize it as per your taste. Use whichever milk you like, adjust the sweetness as per your taste and use any coffee instead of espresso if you don’t have an espresso machine.
- It is much much economical to make at home.
- It gets ready in under 5 minutes.
So get going and make yourself a tall glass of this refreshing Iced Pumpkin Latte and thank me later.
Espresso – At Starbucks, they make this drink using espresso but you can use strongly brewed coffee too. Use your Moca Pot, French Press, South Indian Filter, or a regular brew machine to brew the coffee.
Milk – I like to use whole (full-fat) milk for a rich and creamy texture but you can use whichever milk you want to. Skim, low fat, or plant-based, all works great.
Pumpkin Puree – Use canned or try my homemade Pumpkin Puree recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – You can either use the store-bought one or try my DIY Pumpkin Spice recipe.
Maple Syrup – Adjust the quantity according to your taste. Other sweeteners like sugar, honey, or sugar-free options like stevia or monk fruit also work great.
Whipped Cream – Skip it if watching calories.
How To Make Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
Add 2 shots espresso (or ½ cup extra-strong brewed coffee), 1 cup chilled milk, 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 teaspoon maple syrup to a blender.
Blend until everything comes together and becomes frothy.
Add 6-8 ice cubes to each serving glass.
Pour the coffee over ice.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately.
Pro Tips By Neha
For a stronger pumpkin taste, increase the quantity of pumpkin puree.
You don’t have to wait for the espresso to cool down. Add it hot or cold, it’s up to you.
Make this drink for kids by simply skipping the coffee.
To make a slushy latte, blend the ingredients with ice instead of pouring the coffee over the ice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make this drink without adding pumpkin puree to it. Just add all the other ingredients and blend well. You can also replace pumpkin puree with sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree if you wish to.
Add milk and pumpkin puree to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the espresso, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Pour the coffee into the cups, top with some whipped cream, and serve hot.
You can easily make this drink without a blender. Here are some options.
1. Use a milk frother to mix the ingredients.
2. Add the ingredients to a tumbler. Close the lid and shake vigorously.
3. Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients.
4. Use a wire whisk.
You can store this drink for 5-6 days in the refrigerator. The ingredients will separate when sitting for too long, so just stir them well before serving.
You Might Also Like
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 2 shots espresso (or ½ cup extra-stog brewed coffee)
- 1 cup milk (whole, skin, or plant-based)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- ice (as required)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Add all the ingredients except the ice and whipped cream to a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Add 6-8 ice cubes to each serving glass.
- Pour the coffee over ice.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately.