Make this easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice in 5 minutes using 5 ingredients. Loaded with warm fall flavors, it’s a must for fall baking and cooking (vegan, gluten-free).
I have many more Homemade Spice Mix Recipes on the blog. Do check them out too.
About Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix is a simple combination of a few warm spices and it is a must-have ingredient for all the fall and holiday baking.
Although this spice mix can be added to a variety of dishes, it’s called PUMPKIN PIE Spice because it was originally created to add a little flavor and spice to pumpkin pies.
Made using 5 ingredients, this easy DIY spice mix comes together in just 5 minutes.
Now, you must be wondering why to make it at home, when it is so easily available in the market.
Making this spice mix at home comes with many benefits.
- It is made using the best quality ingredients.
- There are no added chemicals or preservatives.
- It is much more economical.
- You can easily customize it to your taste. Increase the quantity of the spices you like and reduce the quantity of the ones that you are not too fond of.
This recipe can be easily halved, doubled, or tripled as per your requirement.
It is also a great holiday gifting option. Fill it in glass bottles and stick pretty labels and a great economical DIY food gift is ready in no time.
Here are some more homemade spice mix recipes that you must try
This aromatic spice mix is a combination of lovely warm spices which scream fall and holiday baking. It has ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves, and allspice powder, that’s it!
Ground Black Pepper and Ground Green Cardamom can also be added to it for added flavor.
The ingredients in this pumpkin spice mix can be easily customized. Add more ginger and clove for a sharper, robust flavor, or add more cinnamon for a softer flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons of ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice powder
into a small mixing bowl.
Mix them well using a spoon. Transfer the mix to a glass jar and use as required.
This strong, spicy, and aromatic spice mix is traditionally used to flavor delectable pumpkin pies. But you can use it to flavor up other dishes too.
I like to sprinkle it on the top of my fall drinks, it adds a deliciously spicy and cinnamony flavor to them. Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew, Pumpkin Spice Martini, Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Juice are some of my fav drinks for which I use this mix.
You can also sprinkle it on pancakes, waffles, fresh toast, or homemade bread for your weekend breakfast.
You can also use this spice to make spiced nuts and snack on them whenever you are hungry.
This spice mix will keep good for 6 months in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
To increase its shelf life even more (up to a year), refrigerate it.
You Might Also Like
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground clove
- 1 teaspoon all spice powder
- Add all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mix well using a spoon.
- Transfer the mix into a glass jar.
- Store in a dry place for up to 6 months or refrigerate for up to a year.
- Use as required.