Mambazha Pulissery or Kerala Style Ripe Mango Curry is a delicious sweet and spicy preparation which goes perfectly well with steamed rice. Here is how to make Mambazha Pulissery Recipe.
Kerala Style Ripe Mango Curry or Mambazha Pullisery is a lip-smacking dish made out of king of the fruits, jaggery and the fine Indian spices, condiments. With the last batch of mangoes still available, I bought some of them to make a delicious curry that one of friends from Kerala had suggested to me some years back.
Ripe Mango Curry is that dish which she had suggested. Best savoured with steamed rice or rotis, phulkas, Mambazha Pulissery has this quintessential sweet and sour taste that could literally perk up your meal and initiate bonhomie!
Enriched with the flavours of fresh coconut, ginger, green chillies, jaggery, various spices, curry leaves et al, this Mango Curry is just that satiating dish that you could relish on weekday or even on weekend for brunch.
I made this mango curry using the wild mangoes that are easily available in South India. These mangoes are small in size with a thick green skin but are super juicy and fibrous. In case you don’t have access to these mangoes, go ahead and use any ripe mangoes.
Some of the leftover Kerala Style Ripe Mango Curry was even relished with joy the next day, oh, yes, it turned that yummy! Having heard the same from me, why don’t you roll up your sleeves to make this Mango Curry this weekend, ladies?
You might also like
Mambazha Pulissery Recipe
Kerala Style Ripe Mango Curry
Kerala Style Ripe Mango Curry is a delicious sweet and spicy preparation which goes perfectly well with steamed rice. Here is how to make it.
- 6-8 Ripe small mangoes I used Sugar baby Variety
- 4 tbsp Jaggery Grated
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Curd Whisked
To grind to a paste
- 1 cup Fresh coconut Grated
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 8-10 Shallots
For the seasoning
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 2-3 Dry red chilli
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- Wash the mangoes and pat them dry.
- Peel the mangoes using your hand.
- Add them in a pan along with jaggery, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover and cook for 10-12 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the ingredients to grind in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Add little water if required.
- Add it in the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the whisked curd and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the curry.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.