Kesar Chandan Sharbat is a soothing drink made from Kesar (Saffron) and Chandan (Sandalwood) powder.The flavor of Kesar,Chandan make a delicious concoction. Here is how to make Chandan Sharbat.
Kesar Chandan Sharbat is a soothing drink made from Kesar (Saffron) and Chandan (Sandalwood) powder. The flavor of Kesar and Chandan magically blend to create a delicious concoction.
Sharbat ideally means a drink that is prepared from fruits or flower petails. Sharbats are usually sweet and they are served when they are chilled. Kesar Chandan Sharbat till date is my mom’s speciality.
I remember asking my mom for multiple servings of Kesar Chandan Sharbat and as kind as my mom is she allowed me to relish them with nonchalance. In order to experiment with some more coolers this Summer, you may even prepare Badam ka Sharbat and Phalse ka Sharbat sometime.
Kesar prevents many diseases, it is an anti-depressant, it controls blood pressure. Kesar is even good for our skin, and we all love Kesar for that already, right? It even cures acne and blemishes.
As our grandmoms used to tell us, Chandan (Sandalwood) powder is more of a coolant. It really pacifies our body. The main reason behind using Kesar and Chandan in this recipe is because I thought that for this Summer, we should ideally use those kind of ingredients which naturally mollify and cool our body, keep it hydrated.
Do try this soothing Kesar Chandan Sharbat during these Summer months. I have carefully compiled all the necessary ingredients and instructions for you in order to make the same.
If you do not have the luxury of time, then you may try to adjust your schedule a little on weekend and make this yummy drink. Mark my words, you would love its appeasing taste.
Kesar Chandan Sharbat
- 1 litre Water
- 5 cups Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Chandan Powder / Sandalwood Powder (If Chandan powder is not available, you can use the chandan stick. Just make a paste using the stick and add it in the syrup.)
- 1 teaspoon Saffron
- 1 teaspoon Citric acid
- Heat ½ cup water in a pan and when it starts to boil add saffron to it.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Using a mortar, crush the saffron roughly.
- Heat 1 litre of water in a pan along with sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly thickened ( Approximately 5 minutes after boiling )
- Pass this mixture through a strainer.
- Add saffron water, chandan powder and citric acid to the mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the Sharbat Syrup in a clean glass bottle.
- You can store this syrup for up to a month in refrigerator.
- To make Sharbat, add 1 tablespoon of Kesar Chandan Syurp in a glass and top the glass with chilled water.
- Serve with ice cubes.