Green leafy vegetables are fresh, healthy and carry much of the essential minerals and vitamins needed for health. Incorporating them atleast once or twice a week is important inorder to not lose out on essential ingredients as age advances. Methi is perhaps the most nourishing of them all. It is bitter in taste but gives a unique deliciousness to dishes. Methi Aloo is a very easy and simple preparation made in Indian households using fresh fenugreek leaves and baby potatoes. If baby potatoes are not available, you can use normal potatoes cut into small pieces. It is very nutritious and can be enjoyed with hot parathas or dal and roti.
Methi is also used in other preparations such as Lahsooni Methi Paneer in Methi Poori and non-veg dishes like Methi Keema. For today, do read this super easy recipe of Methi Aloo and prepare it at home for a homely, satiating weekend brunch without fail!
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 10-12 cloves chopped
- Green chili - 3-4 slit into halves
- Baby potatoes - 1/2 kg
- Fresh Methi leaves - 250 gm washed and chopped
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil the baby potatoes with 1 tbsp salt till done and remove the skin.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, garlic cloves and green chilies.
- Cook till garlic turns slightly brown.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, amchoor powder and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add baby potatoes and methi leaves.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with roti and dal or parathas.