Bathua is a green that is available especially during the winter season. It’s very healthy and rich in minerals and vitamins and can be incorporated in out diet in various ways.
Bathue Ka Raita is a chilled yoghurt recipe made with coarsely grind bathua leaves with a sprinkle of spices, i.e. garnished with red chilli powder and roasted cumin seeds. This raita is easy to make and is very refreshing and delicious.
- Bathua leaves - 2 cups
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black salt - 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Pick the leaves and discard the stems from the bunch of bathua.
- Heat water in a pan and when it comes to a boil, add the leaves.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Grind the leaves in a grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Whisk the yogurt till smooth.
- Add the bathua puree, salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder.
- Add little milk if you want the raita thinner.
- Notes - You can also add a green chili while grinding the bathua.
- You can give a tadka of cumin seeds and heeng to the raita if you want to make it little different. Just heat a tsp of ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and a pinch of heeng. Pour this tadka over the prepared raita.