Pumpkin Pecan Waffles are nothing but classic waffles loaded with fall flavors. Make them using my easy recipe.
About Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles is a perfect breakfast or brunch recipe, loaded with fall flavors. Apart from classic waffle ingredients, it has pumpkin spice mix, fresh pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pecans.
These pumpkin and pecan waffles are easy to make, fluffy, and come together in no time using simple ingredients. These waffles are not as crispy as the classic waffles but they are absolutely delicious and make for a perfect fall breakfast dish.
Serve them with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey or top them with Greek yogurt, peanut butter, or sautéed cinnamon apples for a fall-flavored breakfast or brunch.
You can also top them with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream with extra maple syrup and serve them as dessert.
This recipe serves 4 but can be easily doubled or tripled.
Here are some more pumpkin recipes that you may like
- Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte
- Pumpkin Pie Dessert Hummus
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Savory Pumpkin Hummus
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Martini
- Pumpkin Spice Butter
Flour – I have used a combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. You can make them with only all-purpose flour as well.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – Make pumpkin pie spice at home, or use a store-bought one.
Pumpkin Puree – Use homemade pumpkin puree, or get canned pumpkin puree to save on time.
Pecans – Pecans add that perfect crunch to the soft and fluffy waffles. You can substitute pecans with walnuts or almonds.
Maple Syrup – It gives an earthy sweetness. You can also substitute it with honey.
Others – You will also need baking powder, large eggs, milk, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract.
Frequently Asked Questions
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F. Arrange the waffles, as they are done, on the middle rack of the oven. The waffles will stay warm and crisp so everyone can sit down to eat together.
Pumpkin and Pecan Waffles will easily last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days when stored in an air-tight container or foil.
Reheat in a toaster or oven, until nicely heated before serving.
They are also freezer friendly. Let them cool down completely, and store them in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag and they will last for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly and heat well before eating.
You Might Also Like
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1-½ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well using a wire whisk.
- Place all the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix well using a wire whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold them together using a silicon spatula just until combined. Do not overmix, a few lumps are fine.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Cook the waffles in your waffle iron as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve them with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey or top them with Greek yogurt, peanut butter, or sautéed cinnamon apples for a fall-flavored breakfast or brunch.
- You can also top them with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream with extra maple syrup and serve them as dessert.