Step By Step Tandoori Chicken Recipe in Air Fryer I Chicken Tandoori…..Tandoori Chicken Recipe is a lip-smacking dry chicken dish from the Indian subcontinent, and it happens to be that one dish that a party or gathering just cannot do without.
Chicken marinated in spices till it gets the deep, vibrant look and taste, and thereafter cooked in an Indian style tandoor is what many of us have grown up envisioning.
Our dish today is prepared the same way, minus the oil. An air fryer can be used to give this dish the same tandoor taste without the added pounds. I was given an Air Fryer from Philips to review the machine and I am trying it out by making a variety of dishes using it.
After the success of Herb and Garlic Fish Fingers and Masala Kaju , I tried this house favorite which I usually make in an oven and to keep it tender, I have to baste it with butter a few times in between. But when making it in an Air Fryer, you don’t have to use any extra oil or butter for basting and the chicken is perfectly tender and cooked.
You can choose to have these as appetizers or side dish, just as it is or with Yoghurt Dip with Mint and Garlic or Jalapeno and Garlic Whipped Feta Dip. Here is how to make Tandoori Chicken Recipe in Air Fryer I Chicken Tandoori.
You might also like
Tandoori Chicken Recipe in Air Fryer I Chicken Tandoori
Tandoori Chicken in Air Fryer
- Chicken leg With Thigh - 4
- For the first Marinade
- Ginger paste - 3 tsp
- Garlic paste - 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- For the second Marinade
- Tandoori masala powder - 2 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Hung curd - 4 tbsp
- Orange food color - a pinch Optional
- Kasuri Methi - 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Notes - You can add a bit of Mustard oil to the second marinade to get the Pungent taste in the chicken if you wish.
- Wash the chicken legs and make slits in them using a sharp knife.
- Add chicken in a bowl along with the ingredients for the first marinade.
- Mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the second marinade and pour them over the chicken.
- Mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 10-12 hours.
- Line the basket of the air fryer with aluminium foil.
- Pre heat to 230 degrees C.
- Place the chicken on the basket and air fry for 18-20 minutes, until slightly charred and browned.
- Serve hot with Yogurt mint dip and Onion rings.
Step By Step Tandoori Chicken Recipe in Air Fryer I Chicken Tandoori
You might also like these snacks recipe from my collection.