The best part about making Vegetables in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce recipe is that under the pretext of Indo Chinese Cuisine, I used tons of greens and vegetables like bell peppers, cauliflowers, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, spring onions et al. My kid relished those vegetables with joy as they tasted scrumptious along with the sauces. So, if you think that your family is not eating their fair share of vegetable then you could craft some tricks like me, prepare Vegetables in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce and make them eat all the important vegetables. Trust me, they will eat all the vegetables with boundless joy and thank you for making such a toothsome dish for them. I make Vegetables in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce often on the weekend, so that whichever vegetables my family had missed eating, gets sorted.
Cooking this recipe is fairly easy and it all starts by adding garlic in heated oil. An array of sauces go in to the wok and after frying and stirring for a few minutes, the garlic sauce is ready to add the vegetables.
Apart from Burnt Garlic Noodles, you can even serve Vegetables in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce with an entire menu of starters beginning with Vegetable Spring Rolls. In the main course, you may serve Vegetables in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce with Shezwan Fried Rice or Peanut Sesame Noodles. Do plan this Indo Chinese Menu for the upcoming party and take your friends, family by surprise. For today, share your feedback or suggestions for the recipe of Vegetables in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce through a comment below and I shall surely revert!
Vegetables in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce Recipe
Vegetables in Chinese Chili Garlic Sauce
- Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
- Dry red chilies - 15-20
- Garlic - 10-12 cloves
- Onion - 2 cut into big squares
- Red yellow and green bell peppers - half each ( cut into squares )
- Broccoli - a small head cut into small florets
- Cauliflower - 1 cup cut into small florets
- Mushroom - 200 g cut into half
- Carrots - 1/2 cup cut into thin slices
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Red chili sauce - 2 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce - 1 tsp optional
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
- MSG - 1 tsp Optional
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour - 3 tbsp
- Spring onion greens - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Soak the dry red chilies in warm water for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and blend the chilies in a blender to make a paste.
- Keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and fry till lightly browned.
- Add onions and saute for a minute.
- Add all the vegetables and saute for a minute.
- Add water in the wok till it cover the vegetables.
- Let the water come to a boil.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, tomato ketchup and dry red chili paste.
- Add MSG and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Dissolve the cornflour in little water and add it to the wok.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, till the gravy thickens.
- You can add a little more cornflour dissolved in water if you want a thicker gravy.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot with fried rice or noodles.