Schezwan Fried Rice
Shezwan Fried Rice
- Dry red chilies - 10-12 use less if you like less spicy
- Garlic- 8-10 cloves
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Celery - 2 tbsp chopped
- Brown sugar - 1 tbsp
- Spring onion - 1 tbsp and for garnishing
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
- MSG - 1/4 tsp Optional
- Salt to taste
- Corn flour - 1/2 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 inch piece grated
- Mixed vegetables - 1 cup I used carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and cabbage
- Cooked rice - 2 cups
- Soak dry red chilies and garlic in water for 20 minutes.
- Discard water
- Blend in a blender to make a paste.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan.
- Add the chili garlic paste in the pan.
- Add celery, brown sugar, spring onions, vinegar, tomato ketchup, MSG and salt.
- Dissolve cornflour in 1 cup water and add it to the sauce.
- Cook till sauce thickens.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the sauce cool.
- Add sesame oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped vegetables.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the cooked rice and the schezwan sauce. ( I used the entire sauce as I like my rice spicy. You can use it according to your taste )
- Mix well and fry rice for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.