Mango Gazpacho is a chilled Spanish soup made using mangoes, oranges, cucumber, and a few other simple ingredients. It is a perfect soup to sip on hot summer days (vegan, gluten-free).
Here are a few more soup recipes that you may like – Chicken Sweet Potato Soup, Pumpkin Apple Soup, Drumstick Soup, Chicken Clear Soup, Thai Pumpkin Noodle Soup, Tom Kha Soup, and Slow Cooker Potato Soup.
About Mango Gazpacho (Chilled Mango Soup)
Mango Gazpacho is a delicious fruity twist on the classic summer savory soup, gazpacho.
Gazpacho is a popular dish that originated in Spain. Served as a chilled dish, it is actually a soup that is made using raw vegetables, especially tomatoes as the base.
Mangoes add a subtle sweetness to the chilled soup and this soup is perfect to serve on hot summer days.
This no-cook, vegan, and gluten-free soup comes together in under 15 minutes using simple ingredients.
Serve it on the side with meals or as a light lunch or dinner on a hot summer day.
Mangoes – You can use fresh or frozen mangoes to make this soup. Canned mango puree also works great.
Oranges – Oranges add a perfect hint of tanginess to the sweet mango soup.
Basil Leaves give a refreshing taste. You can replace them with mint leaves too.
Others – You will also need water, onions, cucumber, extra virgin olive oil, salt, sugar, ground black pepper, and pecans.
Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil for the best taste.
Pecans add a nice crunch to the creamy and thick gazpacho. You can also use walnuts or almonds instead.
Mango Orange Gazpacho is a great make-ahead recipe, as it is served chilled. You can store it in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
You Might Also Like
Mango Gazpacho Recipe (Chilled Mango Soup)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed mangoes (fresh or frozen, or ¾ cup canned mango puree)
- 1 orange (peeled, de seeded and sliced)
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- ½ cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- toasted and chopped pecans (for garnishing)
- Add mangoes, orange, and mint to the jar of a blender and blend well to make a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Chill for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with mango cubes, pecans, and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve chilled.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!