Mango Gazpacho is a chilled Spanish soup made using mangoes, oranges, cucumber, and a few other simple ingredients. It is a perfect soup to sip on hot summer days (vegan, gluten-free).
About Mango Gazpacho (Chilled Mango Soup)
Mango Gazpacho is a delicious fruity twist on the classic summer savory soup, gazpacho.
Gazpacho is a popular dish that originated in Spain. Served as a chilled dish, it is actually a soup that is made using raw vegetables, especially tomatoes as the base.
Mangoes add a subtle sweetness to the chilled soup and this soup is perfect to serve on hot summer days.
This no-cook, vegan, and gluten-free soup comes together in under 15 minutes using simple ingredients.
Serve it on the side with meals or as a light lunch or dinner on a hot summer day.
Here are a few more soup recipes that you may like
- Chicken Sweet Potato Soup
- Pumpkin Apple Soup
- Drumstick Soup
- Chicken Clear Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Noodle Soup
- Tom Kha Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Thai Green Curry Noodle Soup
If you like mangoes, then do try these recipes as well
- Mango Coulis
- Mango Ginger Lemonade
- Mango Magic Tropical Smoothie
- Mango Overnight Oats
- Mango Mai Tai
- Mango Shrimp Ceviche
Mangoes – You can use fresh or frozen mangoes to make this soup. Canned mango puree also works great.
Oranges – Oranges add a perfect hint of tanginess to the sweet mango soup.
Basil Leaves give a refreshing taste. You can replace them with mint leaves too.
Others – You will also need water, onions, cucumber, extra virgin olive oil, salt, sugar, ground black pepper, and pecans.
Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil for the best taste.
Pecans add a nice crunch to the creamy and thick gazpacho. You can also use walnuts or almonds instead.
Mango Orange Gazpacho is a great make-ahead recipe, as it is served chilled. You can store it in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
You Might Also Like
Mango Gazpacho Recipe (Chilled Mango Soup)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed mangoes (fresh or frozen, or ¾ cup canned mango puree)
- 1 orange (peeled, de seeded and sliced)
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- ½ cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- toasted and chopped pecans (for garnishing)
- Add mangoes, orange, and mint to the jar of a blender and blend well to make a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Chill for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with mango cubes, pecans, and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve chilled.